Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Mad Beast truck

Old 10-04-2008, 02:35 AM
cirec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mad Beast truck

I see that Exceed made a new truck.How are they?Does it have better performance than the Tectonic?I like that it has a .28 engine instead of a .21 and a 270cc fuel tank.I never heard of an 1/8 scale rc with 270cc fuel tank.How's the new radio?I think Exceed really should start making RCs for racing next.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Evil Ernie

Default RE: Mad Beast truck

From the description, it reminds me of a small engined T-Maxx. Not too crazy about the tractor body tho.
Here's a link:
http://www.raidentech.com/1nirctrwremo.html
Old 10-04-2008, 07:37 AM
{GBI}Harryball

WOW, it looks like a savage and warhead evo combined. Looks interesting to say the least.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
lawnsnorth

I just saw this truck yesterday and I love the looks of the truck. I am mostly a basher and I love the body. I think I might order one and see if it fits my LST2. My only problem with this truck is that I can get some better know brands for about the same price.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:35 PM
amf66

Heres a thread I found on the Mad Beast. From what they say it sounds like a pretty good truck! [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1669163/tm.htm[/link]
Old 10-04-2008, 12:49 PM
amf66

Looks like the RD Logics Wolverine!

Heres a link to a review of the Wolverine/Mad Beast! [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=921[/link]

Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

WOW, it looks like a savage and warhead evo combined. Looks interesting to say the least.
Intersting, yes. But as for its looks, I do not dig it, it does not look as elegant as either the Savage of Warhead. To me, it looks pig ugly

/by interesting, I am really more curious than intersted. I am curious if this thing uses plastics and alum that are the same grade or better than what HPI uses on the Savage (afterall, it is a clone of the Savage, with minor cosmetic changes to prevent from stepping on copyright issues).
Old 10-05-2008, 04:44 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Intersting, yes. But as for its looks, I do not dig it, it does not look as elegant as either the Savage of Warhead. To me, it looks pig ugly

/by interesting, I am really more curious than intersted. I am curious if this thing uses plastics and alum that are the same grade or better than what HPI uses on the Savage (afterall, it is a clone of the Savage, with minor cosmetic changes to prevent from stepping on copyright issues).
Yea, like I said it looks like they slammed the savage and warhead together. I own both. You right about the pig look LOL. Im not sure about the plastics are up to par with HPI I would say no. To be honest for an extra 100 dollars you can get a savage. Well worth it IMO. One other thing that I question is, what does .28 level engine mean? What size is it?????????? It could be like the other HSP products ultra lights.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the mad beast is .28 engine

Andy
Old 10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I looked all ove the net for more info on the Mad Beast but I cant find anything except ads and website selling it.

What I am interested in finding out more about the parts and materials. If there are aftermarket support. If the engine uses SG shaft or the older shafts like HSP's VX engines (screw and nut). If this is an HSP RC, or made by another company. Or if Exceed actually makes this RC. What aftermarket parts will fit it. What parts from other cars/trucks can be interchanegd on it. Etc.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:33 AM
{GBI}Harryball

I looked all ove the net for more info on the Mad Beast but I cant find anything except ads and website selling it.

What I am interested in finding out more about the parts and materials. If there are aftermarket support. If the engine uses SG shaft or the older shafts like HSP's VX engines (screw and nut). If this is an HSP RC, or made by another company. Or if Exceed actually makes this RC. What aftermarket parts will fit it. What parts from other cars/trucks can be interchanegd on it. Etc.
I would also like to know the answeres to the questoins asked by jim. Andy if you could give us any insight that would be great.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 AM
ace9213

mad beast? that car looks like a ****ing piece of ****
Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: ace9213

No worse than your motor mod.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Frozenshade

ORIGINAL: ace9213

No worse than your motor mod.
lol
Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
yadac123

The engine on the mad beast is SH .28 engine. This is not a HSP RC but an OEM of nanda. rdlogic has a car that's just like the madbeast.

Andy

I would also like to know the answeres to the questoins asked by jim. Andy if you could give us any insight that would be great.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 AM
TC4JW

Yadac123,

Are there any enahncements on the Exceed Mad Beast that make it more durable then the RD Logics Wolverine (plastics or metal materials quality etc.)? Please advise.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 PM
yadac123

I don't think so but it's the same as RDlogics. I was told that the tramission is same as HPI.

Andy
ORIGINAL: TC4JW

Yadac123,

Are there any enahncements on the Exceed Mad Beast that make it more durable then the RD Logics Wolverine (plastics or metal materials quality etc.)? Please advise.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:21 AM
TC4JW

ORIGINAL: yadac123

I don't think so but it's the same as RDlogics. I was told that the tramission is same as HPI.

Andy

Yadac123,

Yadac123,

How does the quality of the plastic materials used on the Mad Beast compare to those used on the HPI Savage?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:35 PM
yadac123

HPI uses better material because they are top brand so I don't think it's fair to compare since their price are different.

Andy

ORIGINAL: yadac123

Andy

Yadac123,

Yadac123,

How does the quality of the plastic materials used on the Mad Beast compare to those used on the HPI Savage?