Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

broken parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM
halmalki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken parts

Hi every body , I am planning to buy forza buggy , I want to know what the part commonly get broken so I can order it , to keep some stock at home handy ( it is difficult to get spare parts from local stores)?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:22 AM
lawnsnorth

Default RE: broken parts

I can't comment with regards to this buggy but I will list some things that I think would break based on other nitro and electric vehicles I've run.
-A-arms
-Upper links
-Turn Buckles
-Shock shafts
The above items seem to break fairly often. However when I make sure to run in fairly warm temps then not much seems to break.

These items don't seem to break as often:
-shock towers
-steering knuckles( the plastic ones)
-body posts

These items don't go very often but I like to have them on hand just in case:
-clutch bell bearings
-cv joints
-dog bones
-diffs

I didn't start out buying all the spares at once. As I broke things I would always make sure that I ordered one part to fix it and one spare. The items in the top list I would get to start with. I hope this is helpful.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Evil Ernie

So far, I've got for my Infinity:
two frames
two full trannys
two full sets of front end knuckles and carriers
two full sets of rear carriers
two full sets of dogbones (trans and axles)
reciever
servo
two full sets of front and rear control arms
clutch kit
bell housing
two full sets of cups
full set of rims with tires mounted
full set of spare tires
two diff gears
Still yet to order:
two engines
two full front and rear differentials
two full sets of shocks
two full steering sets

My motto with RC parts is the same with my ammunition: BUY IT CHEAP AND STACK IT DEEP!!

Edited for inappropriate language.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
{GBI}Harryball

Dude, you are a mad man. Every hobby has its price
Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Evil Ernie

Yeah, I just like to be prepared. Today a diff gear started to strip out. Since we have TWO ON BACKORDER, I'll have to swap out the whole trans and rebuild the old one when we get the TWO THAT ARE STILL ON BACKORDER. heh...
My neighbors engine is leaking oil from under the pullstarter. Not sure what's leaking, but it's definitely leaning him out bad. We're just gonna order two new engines and rebuild his old one for a quick spare.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Frozenshade

ORIGINAL: Evil Ernie

Yeah, I just like to be prepared. Today a diff gear started to strip out. Since we have TWO ON BACKORDER, I'll have to swap out the whole trans and rebuild the old one when we get the TWO THAT ARE STILL ON BACKORDER. heh...
My neighbors engine is leaking oil from under the pullstarter. Not sure what's leaking, but it's definitely leaning him out bad. We're just gonna order two new engines and rebuild his old one for a quick spare.
Sounds like his engine back plate has a leak. Get the pull start off and out of the way and reseal the back plate with some copper gasket maker.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Evil Ernie

Oh cool, thanks for the tip 'shade!!! I guess I should an itty bitty amount of copper gasket maker, huh? Looks like I get to run to Auto Zone in the morning!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 PM
halmalki

that was my first post in this forum . that was great comunication, and advice.

is there any compatibility with other brand in the spare parts ( like with himoto , redcat , HPI , traxx , or other).

thank again,

Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Evil Ernie

Hi Moto and Redcat parts are totally interchangable from what I've been told. The downside is that the parts are twice as expensive in most cases.
The Hi Moto equivalent is the Eldorada and the Redcat is the Volcano SV.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:18 PM
halmalki

thanks that was very helpfull

[8D][8D][8D]
Old 10-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Frozenshade

They are because those parts are all produced by HSP.

I think Himoto and Recat is it though, no other brands will work to my knowledge.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
speedfreak1

ORIGINAL: halmalki

Hi every body , I am planning to buy forza buggy , I want to know what the part commonly get broken so I can order it , to keep some stock at home handy ( it is difficult to get spare parts from local stores)?
Halmalki,

I'm not dissing on exceed but if you save up a little more and shop around you will find a better buggy purchase. You're planning on buying excess parts for your forza but I think it's not worth it. You will end up spending the same amount as buying a good 1/8th scale buggy and it will last (less broken parts frequency) for example:

Cen matrix 1/8th scale buggy RTR with 2.4ghz radio and awesome servos @ 300.00
Ofna RTR buggies Durable and high quality @ 300-400

These buggies are good for bashingand racing.

just my two cents.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Frozenshade

ORIGINAL: speedfreak1

Halmalki,

I'm not dissing on exceed but if you save up a little more and shop around you will find a better buggy purchase. You're planning on buying excess parts for your forza but I think it's not worth it. You will end up spending the same amount as buying a good 1/8th scale buggy and it will last (less broken parts frequency) for example:

just my two cents.

I definitely agree. As well as those, the Duratrax Raze is also a good buggy.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: speedfreak1

Halmalki,

just my two cents.

I agree 100%. Exceed and HSP sell these as beginner vehicles, to get you into the hobby. Sure, you can race at the club level at the local track, but if you want to go competitive, even in the mid-grade level racing, a better buggy is what I suggest you get. The beginner buggies will tend to not fare as well as the higher end RCs, unless you are very skilled and can prevent from getting hit or being forced into a wall or barier, or whatever.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll chime in on this....I believe the forza is a 1/10th buggy...they are the same buggy ( maybe different engines) as the himoto syclone and the redcat tornado...nothing wrong with stocking parts for your rc....I wouldnt call many 1/10th rc's a good basher...truth is a 1/8th is much more durable...

as far as club racing I dont believe you have to buy a major name mfg rc to be competative...sure it couldnt hurt to have a lhs close by that supports the brand with parts, however not allways are they in stock.. To me there seems alot of people in the hobby believe that the more you spend the more you win....I'm sorry I have to disagree...although yeah you want stuff thats not going to fail but just because it doesnt have a " Name Brand" on it doesnt mean it will fail...you put decent no name brand rc in the hands of a good driver and a "name brand" rc in the hands of a not so good driver and the better driver is going to win...no matter how much is spent...

but getting back to the forza... as long as you realize your buggy has limitations and u dont exceed them you should be ok...granted I'm not saying you wont get frustrated and you wont break things, I'm saying you will have a better experience...And to answer your question..I would sudjest front end parts... bumper, upper and lower arms, shocks, steering links, stuff like that...and I dont think the price difference between exceed, himoto and redcat are all that much difference...now im not bashing redcat but I know you get a better price from redcat dealers then redcat direct...personally I get most my parts from the US distributer for himoto and they are very reasonable.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:46 AM
chevyderek72

very well said firebird
Old 10-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Jim, I think people are realizing this more and more. You do get what you pay for. The no name stuff is fun to bash around with but the quality is not there for "real racing". Every car breaks but there is a difference for sure. I think these are great starter cars. They get people into the hobby thats for sure. (also scare some away due to the amount of parts you go through lol).
Old 10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I agree 100%. Exceed and HSP sell these as beginner vehicles, to get you into the hobby. Sure, you can race at the club level at the local track, but if you want to go competitive, even in the mid-grade level racing, a better buggy is what I suggest you get. The beginner buggies will tend to not fare as well as the higher end RCs, unless you are very skilled and can prevent from getting hit or being forced into a wall or barier, or whatever.
Sorry Jim, but im going to disagree. Specifically about the himoto product. Which BTW is doing very well in Europe. They havnt broken threw in the states yet. Just like any buggy, the drivers are the main part of the compatition. I think the world nationals should have told you this. My RXB-1 is not as tough as my savage but it is as tough as any other buggy out there and is as competative. The RTR is of course an RTR, that is not what im saying. The vehicle still needs to be set up. You say they are club race worthy, there are more crashes at the the club level. club and regional racers like my self make up alot of racing. I just have to disagree.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:12 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Mods: Please Delete
Old 10-18-2008, 05:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Mods, Please Delete, not releavent to this thread
Old 10-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Evil Ernie

Finally got to his truck today. Pulled the engine (and snapped a mounting screw in the process, grrrrr) I discovered that he was missing two of the four pullstarter mounting screws....great....He's gonna be thrilled when he gets home.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That is not good at all. What engine is it BTW? If it is the stock RTR one, you can probably upgrade to a better SH one. SH (GoldenLion) makes about a dozen engines (I think) that are direct fit for any HSP vehicle, Exceed or whatever. If you do get an SH, you will not be disappointed. It is muchmore powerful and will give you all less problems.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:45 PM
{GBI}Harryball

Dude its not a megaP it is a 1/8 scale buggy. Im on track, it seems that you are not. You might want to take a look. The megaP is an original himoto product. When people who have never own a so called "cheap chinese knock off" start having an opinion. Thats just what it is an opinion, based on nothing but that. NOTHING
Old 10-18-2008, 06:01 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Mods, Please delete, not relavent to this thread. Als, argument.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:11 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Dude its not a megaP it is a 1/8 scale buggy. Im on track it seems that you are not.
It is not HSP, period.

Also, leave off phrases such as this "Im on track it seems that you are not." I really dont want to see any such snide remarks anymore.

I have been on the track, and honestly, I have yet to see anyone bring a Himoto yet, like you said, Himoto is still small in teh US. Where you are at, because of sonsoshsips and such, you see several of them on your tracks. But for teh tracks in my area, Himoto has not come here yet.

I admit, I have very little track experience, when I am at the track, I spend most of my time in the pits for my friends.
If you do not like the snide remarks then please, then please let us not say "we need to get on track" I new from your statments that you had little experience in the HSP and himoto, redcat, and exceed debate. However, the RXB-1 is an HSP product, just a better one. Its much better, compared to most of the HSP products. I have alot of track experience with my RXB, Ive won some and of corse lost some. Its a contender. I wish folks, yourself included, would own one before you form an biased opinion. They really are a good product.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.