Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Servo problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
hokiesteven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo problems

Andy,

My son just took the Infinity out and it just stopped turning. Switched the connections on the receiver and the throttle servo worked on both channels - steering servo would not work on either channel. I guess this means the steering servo is bad? The truck is less than two months old with less than half a gallon on fuel through it. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything before my son orders another servo.

Thanks!
Steven
Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Evil Ernie

Default RE: Servo problems

Check the batteries!!! Steering Servo is the first to go with batteries that are going south. The throttle will work but the steering won't. If you've installed NEW batteries and the steering still won't work, then test using your reciever box. Switch the plugs in channel 1 and channel 2. If the steering servo is no good, then it won't work in either channel slot. If its the reciever that went bad then whatever is plugged into that particular channel slot won't work.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:02 PM
hokiesteven

Yep... had brand new batteries. Switched the channels and the throttle servo worked on both channels.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Evil Ernie

You got it nailed then: bad servo. Exceed carries them for $12. Don't get the express shipping tho, standard ground shipping is cheaper and faster. Exceed shipping sucks big time. Oh, and getting that servo out can be a painful drawn out ordeal. Upper plate comes out, battery box comes out, yuck.
Mine went about three weeks into owning it. I bought two servo's and a reciever just to have spares.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it's a servo problem.

Andy