Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

New to RC cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 AM
elizarraras05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC cars!!!

Hi i am new to RC cars and i wanted to buy the exceed nitro RC beginner buggy. Is this a good beginner car or should i get somethin better? i am open to suggestions

thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Evil Ernie

Default RE: New to RC cars!!!

Go for it. Either that buggy or the Infinity Truck. They are cheap, easy to work on, and although parts are only available online, they are cheap as well. This will pave the way to bigger and better things. I started my addiction about a month and a half ago with an Infinity that my neighbor bought me as a gift. BOOM! I'm hooked. I now have the Infinity and a brandy spankin new T-Maxx 3.3.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:29 AM
elizarraras05

yeah i want to get either of them. i just want to start out with something cheap so that if it breaks its not that expensive to repair or replace. [sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 11-05-2008, 04:04 AM
cirec

I think Exceed is the best choice for bashing.I have the Exceed Forza and it's really fun to play with. And by the way Exceed, Redcat, and Himoto have the same rc cars but with different bodies and engines.I thought that I should tell you that so you would have more choices.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 PM
elizarraras05

i like the redcats too but which one would you recommend?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM
chevyderek72

well it depends. the buggy is nice because its the fastest, but its not good for grass. or rough terrain. but the truck and truggy are nice because they have the ground clearance, but not as much top speed. if it was me i would get the truck or truggy.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much you looking to spend??...in my opinion the 1/10th scales are not the best for beginers (unless your talking a megap series)...a 1/8th is much more durable and easier to maintain...with 1/10th you have to have the gear mesh just right or u will be eating spur gears like mad...I lost 2 engine screws on one of my 1/8th buggy and it moved on me.. if it was a 1/10th I woulda had to replace the spur gear...not all exceed, redcat and himoto rc's are the same... you also need to look ahead and decide what kinda surface you will be running on...if you will be running on grass like previously stated I would stay clear of 1/10th buggies.. the 1/8th buggies run fine on grass but the 1/10ths dont...as I said earlier, if your wanting a 1/10th I would suggest a megap series..other then that 1/8th all the way...
Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 PM
HJJFFFAA

No, don't bother with Exceed. Yes, they are for beginners and whatnot but you will spend more time repairing it than driving it. Post this thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_244/tt.htm]here[/link] and you will get more unbiased feedback on better models. Hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
firebird78

sure there is many rc's and mfg's to choose from...but alot of people dont have the budget to afford "name brand rc's"....when I got my first rc (torpeda) I had some guys that own traxxas, cen, duratrax and associated look it over...they were all amazed at what I payed for it (a good thing)....after watching me run my buggy on the local makeshift bmx track they all were amazed at the durability...the guy with the matrix admited my buggy was faster and held up better then his would...this came from a guy with 3 yrs experience and I was brand new....the guys with revo's said they cant bash near as hard without breaking, and they have more then a grand in them....and that was my topreda...my rxb-1 is much better....yeah there are alot of opinions on the forum you posted...but if a guy goes in there with questions on exceed, redcat, himoto they are usually quick to say "thats what you get for buying that"... fact is these cars are more reasonable priced, parts are more reasonable priced...and I dont care what you buy, you will break parts...I've had my rxb-1 over 12 ft in the air and landed on hard flat ground multiple times...only thing I broke was gears..and that was from being on the throttle landing..and no matter what u got u land on the throttle ur stripping gears...
Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 PM
HJJFFFAA

I figured some fanboyism was going to happen.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 PM
elizarraras05

yeah i have a friend that has a Traxxas T-Maxx and he has broken the front end like three times. so i dont want to spend as much money as him. just want to have some fun. I wount be driving it on that much of rough terrain.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:45 PM
firebird78

im no fanboy...I call it the way I see it....have you personally owned a torpeda or rxb-1 or any other of these rc's??...the guy that started this post is most likely looking to spend around $200 ....what do you suggest brand new for that money???...you think he hasnt shopped around and seen rc's from losi, associated, traxxas, mugen, etc,etc??.. I will be completly honest...I'm not a big fan of any offroad 1/10th rc's exceed, redcat or himoto offer excluding the megap series....
Old 11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Evil Ernie

Simple answer: Run what you can afford. If you can't afford a lot in repairs and parts, then go cheap with a Exceed. The point is to have fun. Constantly going broke isn't fun. It took a few 'breaks' to get the gremlins out of my Infinity, and now it runs great! I bashed the hell out of it a couple weeks ago and it came out dirty but undamaged. I had folks just cringing on some of the cartwheels and upside down landings from 10+ ft.
I bought a T-Maxx cuz I like the larger size and the speed. T-maxx is one helluva truck, but pricey. Exceed will put up with a good amount of abuse and is cheap to fix. The only thing I really have a beef with is the fact that I cannot get parts at the LHS; only online, and quality control is somewhat lacking (no offense Andy, you're still hangin in there).
Old 11-07-2008, 01:29 AM
elizarraras05

thanks for all of your guys' input. i know everyone has their favorites [sm=regular_smile.gif]
Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
yadac123

NO problem that why exceed rc created this forum so I can help

Andy
ORIGINAL: Evil Ernie

Simple answer: Run what you can afford. If you can't afford a lot in repairs and parts, then go cheap with a Exceed. The point is to have fun. Constantly going broke isn't fun. It took a few 'breaks' to get the gremlins out of my Infinity, and now it runs great! I bashed the hell out of it a couple weeks ago and it came out dirty but undamaged. I had folks just cringing on some of the cartwheels and upside down landings from 10+ ft.
I bought a T-Maxx cuz I like the larger size and the speed. T-maxx is one helluva truck, but pricey. Exceed will put up with a good amount of abuse and is cheap to fix. The only thing I really have a beef with is the fact that I cannot get parts at the LHS; only online, and quality control is somewhat lacking (no offense Andy, you're still hangin in there).
Old 11-12-2008, 07:28 PM
firebird78

nm
Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
montanamansv6

To be more than honest with you go ahead and order the Infinity they are great and will take a lickin and keep on ticking in previous years i owned a Traxxas T-Maxx and a savage truck i have since sold both of these and to compare they are the samething even my LHS had never seen an infinity truck before and he was even impressed with the quality with my T-maxx if i flipped that thing it broke everytime but my Infinity have not broke anything yet..
Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 PM
elizarraras05

thanks for your advice but i orderd a Himoto Megap MTR-3