Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed RC parts compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:18 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed RC parts compatibility

Hey Shark, what Exceed did you buy? I could help you with what parts you might want to stock up on. For me I have the Exceed HyperSpeed. I bought a few extra Spur Gears and DogBones. I was told that the dogbones bend easy and that the gears strip out too. So far I bent both front dogbones and stripped one gear. But the gear was my fault, I was messing with the mesh between the gears and had it set a little too loose. I was thinking of ordering some wheel hubs, both front and rear, but I dont bash enough to really break them. If I do happen to break one, I'll order plenty to cover me after that.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:16 PM
sharkattack99

i bought the 1/8th tectonic monster truck.

yeah i had it two days broke in the engine, drove it around for a little bit then decided to make a little jump to play with, well apperantly that was a mistake, the screw and nut that hold the steering link to the steering plate came off and of course couldn't find them nitrorcx.com has sent me a couple of replacements should be here this week sometime free no less i was shocked.

i don't know why then came off they either vibrated off or they broke, the steering link itself dosen't seem broken though. pissed me off though cause it couldn't handle a little jump and you see these videos of people jumping off 5 or 6 foot jumps and nothing happens to there RC lucky i guess.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM
joeyhatch11

One thing that I've started to do with my Buggy is after about 5-6 runs, I'll bring it in and check it for loose screws. For the most part, the ones underneath going through the chassis. They seem to come loose more so than any other screw on that damn thing. Loc-tite is something I wanna use but I dont want these screws to get stripped all to hell when it comes time to taking them out. So I just keep an eye on them. They do handle "ok" on jumps you just can't go all crazy with them. One thing you really wanna look into is getting better shock towers. I bent mine real quick and all i did was flip the buggy.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:51 PM
sharkattack99

yeah i should have checked them but you don't think about it till it happens. like during break-in one of my wheels flow off, luckly i found the hex nut so i could put it back on. well lock tight is just to keep things from vibrating loose, you shouldn't have any trouble unscrewing them when needed.

so what parts would you recommend i stock up on? the shock towers look pretty thick already i don't see how they could bend, but that will be something i will keep in mind since there about 30 bucks.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM
joeyhatch11

Dogbones (front/rear), front steering hubs, rear hub carriers. Pretty much anything that has to do with the suspension. The parts are cheap enough so you could grab a little bit of everything hahaha. Also grab some spur gears/Main gears. They are always good to have.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
joeyhatch11

I guess your trucks shock towers are better than my buggies because mine are some cheap thin aluminum. Going to order the "hop-up" aluminum ones soon. I've been told that they are about double the thickness.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:17 PM
sharkattack99

cool thanks for the info i wasn't sure as to what i might need.

yeah it looks pretty thick, i could be wrong though they do have upgraded ones like i said are about 30 bucks im sure they are better.

you wouldn't happen to know what the diameter of the tires the the tectonic, the web page says 155*80 mm and i measured them and got 19.5 inches, looking for some cool tires for later.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha they're not 19.5 inches. You wanna measure accross the rims/tire. From one edge of the rim to the other, whatever that is thats the diameter of the rim. 80mm is 3.1 inches. I believe any 1/8 rim/tire set-up will work on that truck.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM
sharkattack99

i thought to get the diameter of the tire you measured round the tire? or does that not matter? just the the size of the rim that matters?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
joeyhatch11

i never really looked at the Tectonic, but that damn thing looks huge. I understnad it's a 1/8 but damn. I had a T-Maxx which I thought was pretty big, but I think this thing has it beat. Hahaha. I'm going 1/8 this summer. I want the RedCat Hurricane XP only because it comes with a sh engine. I've been told that the sh engine kick as$
Old 01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
joeyhatch11

The size of the rim will tell you what size tire will fit it. For my HPI RS4 I need 26mm tires because the rims are also 26mm. Together they are a perfect fit. May want to ask someone on the 1/8 thread about rims/tires that'll fit. I'd hate to see you order the wrong *****. Hahaha but you should be good to go with the tires that are on there. They look just like the one that were on my T-Maxx. I loved them damn things. Good for any terrain.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:03 PM
sharkattack99

yeah i was pretty suprised at the size of this thing myself, lol

well i was just wondering cause i don't want something smaller then what i have either the same size or bigger, well i measured around the tire and it was 19.5 inches so thats why i said thats what i got.

shoot i seen some 1/5th that people were holding and damn. thats big
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM
joeyhatch11

I just want the 1/8 for the durability and the sh .28 motor. That's gotta be fun. What size motor is in your?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:25 PM
sharkattack99

it only came with the sh .21 motor i would like to get the .28 motor, in the words of tim talyor, MORE POWER.

although i have seen a .30 big block thats what they called it anyway.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
joeyhatch11

All-in-all you still have a sh motor. Wish I had one. I'm waiting for redcat to get the sh .18 back in stock. Then I'm dumping that bad boy in my buggy.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:33 PM
sharkattack99

did you see that video on youtube with the guy who custom built and RC with 2 .21 engines in it, man that sucker smoked it was almost to much cause every time he hit the throttle he almost flips it.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
joeyhatch11

Yeah very bad as$ but a little over kill. Nice project to try and make work but can't be fun no really having controll over something so powerful. It was like my Mamba Max 7700 in my Stampede. Ton of power but no controll. Got rid of the 7700 motor and got a 4200. Much better at that point. Well good luck with your 1/8 keep me posted on your progress, I'm curious to see how you make out, ok?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
sharkattack99

yeah no kidding not much fun if it out of control all the time,

yeah i sure will i plan to make a video of it when i get it tuned and get the parts to fix it, you too when you get your 1/8 as well.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:49 PM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

All-in-all you still have a sh motor. Wish I had one. I'm waiting for redcat to get the sh .18 back in stock. Then I'm dumping that bad boy in my buggy.
Did you contact Eddie at HimotoRacingUSA? I'm sure he has them in stock.
And with better prices!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:16 AM
chevyderek72

Naw hes got the hook up. He knows some people who knows some people who knows a few people.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 AM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha you got that right. It's now just a waiting game. No rush I got something to hold me over in the mean time. Holla....
Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 PM
sharkattack99

i finally got my tectonic working yesterday till the sun got in my eyes lost sight of it and hit a metal poll, dented the hell out of the muffler. the center of the muffler flat it really really sucks on the luck im having driving this thing
Old 01-28-2009, 07:21 AM
joeyhatch11

Yeah but if it's just a bent pipe then I'd say it's not that bad. I had my T-Maxx hit a poll once and cost me a whole new front end. I think it was like $120 in parts.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 PM
sharkattack99

ouch that sucks, yeah this was only 50 bucks with shipping. it sucks though i have had since the 20th and iv probably diven it like a total of 2 hours maybe 2 and a half, the other time was down time cause of some kind of breakage.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:53 PM
chevyderek72

It will pass grasshopper. naw but seriously haha, i has a bunch of troubles (all my fault) in the beginning but when i became leet sauce and not noob sauce i never break anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.