Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed RC parts compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 AM
sharkattack99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed RC parts compatibility

man i hope so cause this sucks i have yet to really drive my truck yet, its a good thing that i bought a cheap truck and not an expencive one, i would really be kicking myself right now.

but i think when i finally get use to this truck and stop breaking parts all the time i will buy a new one, i was looking at the savage x 4.6, maybe some time down the line.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 AM
joeyhatch11

I hear the savage is a beast of a truck. Once you get your truck back together, try driving it around and not doing any jumps. Play it smart untill you get the hang of it and then go all out. Also might want to pick yourself up a fail-safe just incase your trucks goes out of range or glitches. That way it wont go full throttle and run away from ya.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
chevyderek72

Well the thing is that you cant compare a 1/10th to an 1/8th. The 1/8th redcats are much sturdier and can take a lot more beating. I would never buy a big name brand rc. I just dont see why someone would. They cost a lot more, and the parts to fix em are a lot more expensive. If you busted your whole front end, you think it would cost 120 in spare parts to fix it? There is a whole complete front end redcat carries for the 1/8th truggy and its 65 bucks. Im not saying that name brand rc's arent good, i just myself wouldnt buy one. Dont seem that great vs. hsp cars. The cheaper 2.5 t maxx (which is usually popular) is still 360 on tower, the tectonic is 270, and the mad beast is 350. (newer 3.3 t maxx is still 390) it just doesnt make sense. check this out, this is chewbacca. He is a wookie from the planet kashyyyk, but chewbacca lives on the planet endor. Now think about that. That does not make sense! Why would an 8 foot tall wookie wanna live on endor with a bunch of 2 foot tall ewoks? That does not make sense! What does that have to do with this? Nothing. Guys (girls if there are any), it has nothing to do with rc cars! It does not make sense! None of this makes sense. If chewbacca lives on endor, you must choose hsp cars! My defense rests.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
sharkattack99

true the exceed cars are cheaper but how ever in my experience you get what you pay for, you buy cheap you get cheap, for instance the screws on my steering links were CRAP. yes they are cheaper and the parts are cheaper but usually the name brands don't break as often, (i said USUALLY) and don't need to be fix. cheaper rc cars and truck are great for the first timer like me, because they are cheaper probably easier to fix as well, but once you get the hang of it you won't be breaking it all the time, (and i mean it being your fault) things break it happens, but when your new to nitro rc, when things break its pretty much 99% your own fault. after i get use to it i would like a name brand rc like the savage x 4.6 looks like an awsome truck.

yeah thats what i was planing to do just take it easy for a little bit, a fail safe is a good idea never know when those batteries are going to go out.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:02 PM
chevyderek72

Oh man that chewbacca kills me haha. But anyways, ya these have there little things, but i love em. I dont see a point in going to a name brand. Like these may have weak screws or whatever, but you can upgrade up for real cheap, i remember someone on here had a savage and always had a problem with something. i can remember what it was now but it always broke. So everything has their problems.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
sharkattack99

thats very true nothing is perfect don't get me wrong i love my tectonic as well, when i can drive it for more then 5 minutes, lol. but i guess you expect more with a name brand or i should say a top name brand.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tihsta is correct in saying you cant compare a 1/10th to a 1/8th....a 1/8th is much more durable but is also more $$$....in a way you do get what you pay for...but I myself dont beleive you have to buy a $500+ rc to have fun either...best rc in in exceeds line-up is the razor....1/8th buggy that can take a pretty hard beating...yeah its a more $$$ but u will spend less time and money fixing and more time running...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: sharkattack99

true the exceed cars are cheaper but how ever in my experience you get what you pay for, you buy cheap you get cheap, for instance the screws on my steering links were CRAP. yes they are cheaper and the parts are cheaper but usually the name brands don't break as often, (i said USUALLY) and don't need to be fix. cheaper rc cars and truck are great for the first timer like me, because they are cheaper probably easier to fix as well, but once you get the hang of it you won't be breaking it all the time, (and i mean it being your fault) things break it happens, but when your new to nitro rc, when things break its pretty much 99% your own fault. after i get use to it i would like a name brand rc like the savage x 4.6 looks like an awsome truck.

yeah thats what i was planing to do just take it easy for a little bit, a fail safe is a good idea never know when those batteries are going to go out.
Your right, name brand RCs will break, even the toughest RC on the planet will break. Its whether or not you do something stupid or if you practice to build up skill to control the RC to minimize the damage or avoid teh wreck altogether.

As for the dificulty of working on HSPs and name brands, they are really the same in level of difficulty. It is no harder to fix a Revo than a Tectonic, really. So, if you can fix an HSP, you can fix any other RC, even a high dollar ODonnel or Kyosho. All you would have to know is how to read the manual to the RC to see the parts assmbly diagrams, and it's as easy as that.

Since you already have your beginner HSP, no need to waste it, learn how to work on it, even though you will do it mroe often, the skill in fixing these will come very quickly. And will you pass your time with your beginner RC, go ahead and run it and have some fun with it while you save up to eventually buy a sturdier RC that can take a little more.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:18 AM
joeyhatch11

Has anyone done the Hpi MT2 Tranny conversion to there buggy? People in the RedCat thread are talking about it saying that it's a direct drop-in, no mods. Benifits are that it'll now give you a slipper clutch. Any thoughts?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
sharkattack99

ORIGINAL: firebird78

tihsta is correct in saying you cant compare a 1/10th to a 1/8th....a 1/8th is much more durable but is also more $$$....in a way you do get what you pay for...but I myself dont beleive you have to buy a $500+ rc to have fun either...best rc in in exceeds line-up is the razor....1/8th buggy that can take a pretty hard beating...yeah its a more $$$ but u will spend less time and money fixing and more time running...

that doesn't seem to be the case with me my tectonic was cheap to buy, but it costing me hell of a lot of extra money to keep it running. what i saved buying it im using replaceing parts and that sucks i havn't even taken it off a jump yet just slit inclines, now my steering servo broke, it seems to be one thing or another i havn't even used a half gallon of fuel yet. when my tax return gets here im going to be buying a savage x 4.6. alot of good reviews on there great durablity, more parts as well. hope fully that one will last a little bit longer then my exceed did. i might accurally get to drive a couple of gallons before it breaks.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 PM
firebird78

well I wont say the savage is not a nice rc..if I did it would be a lie......in one of your other posts you said, "usually the name brands dont break as often"....but yet your new to rc??...how can you come to this conclusion?....

so your going to buy a savage, thats great....and your going to run that truck and say hey this thing is way more durable then that exceed I bought.....and you know what?...your going to be right....but when you do this remind yourself that the exceed was a 1/10th truck and the savage is a 1/8th truck....now granted the savage is more durable then the exceed 1/8th truck but the fact is very few rc's can bash with a savage....

I have 3 hsp 1/8th buggies and find them very durable....yeah when I first started rc (1/8th buggy was my first) I was buying a few parts....but yanno what?..since I got a lil time under my belt I have learned some and have broken very few parts...in fact my neweist buggy has been around 12ft high in the air multiple times landing on flat hard ground with nothing but gears broken (gears broke due to landing on the throttle cause the sand hill I was jumping was blocking my veiw of the landing)....
Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 PM
sharkattack99

yes i did say that and you didn't say i was wrong either, but i came to that conclusion because 9 time out of 10 name brand anything wether it be rc or not are better products, thats just a given. my tectonic was a 1/8th truck, unless you ment 1/8th instead of 1/10th? well you see i don't want to bash my rc there expensive even the exceeds are, so i don't want to do that i just want a truck that can handle the terrain out here and not break every half a tank it was doing just great on the street in front of my house, till i took it out on the dirt hills, and what not.

yes i would like to take it off some jumps every now and then but nothing like you see in some of the videos, thats just crazy.

i know buying parts are a given i understand that parts break it happens, but i shouldn't have to buy parts 5 days after i get it, to me thats just wrong. its possible i just got a bad one is all. not to mention theres more availablility of parts for the savage i have noticed. i like to customize my truck.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
firebird78

well its hard to compare a 1/8th buggy to a truck....but I have friends with revo's an tmaxx's....they run their trucks the same place I run my buggies...they seem to break their trucks more often then me and dont get as wild either....I also have a friend that owns a cen and ofna buggy...both him and his dad told me not only did my buggy make it around the makeshift track faster then his buggies but also was seemed to hold up better....and that was my first buggy and not my new one...and my new one is more durable and handles better...

so yeah I'm not a big believer in you get what you pay for...last I knew traxxas, cen and ofna are name brands and my buggies hold their own with them..and I am having just as much fun for less cash
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Go easy on the guy, dont give him such a hard time for wanting to explore other RCs. Let him try another brand, yes, he might like it, but if he does not, he will of course come back to the HSP brands (Redcats and Exceeds).

Funny, He made the descision to try an HSP brand, so he can experience it himself in person and not make a descision by only hearsay. But when he wants to go out and experience another brand himself to judge forhimself, he should be able to do so freely so he can base his opinion on those brands too from experience and not just by what someone else says.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:45 PM
firebird78

I care less what he buys....I just made my point that you dont have to buy a named brand rc to have a durable ride....
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 AM
chevyderek72

ORIGINAL: firebird78

I care less what he buys....I just made my point that you dont have to buy a named brand rc to have a durable ride....

+1, So many people say hsp cars are crap and people who dont know better, believe it. So they go out and buy what people who dont know (most of the time) what they are talking about tell them to. But firebird was just pointing out that other rc are gonna break just the same.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:16 AM
joeyhatch11

Check out this months issue of RC Driver. They gave a great review on the Exceed madBeast. Said it was a great truck for it's money and held up very nicely to some good old fashion bashing. They also said that second gear wasn't kicking in but didn't bother bring it in to adjust because they were having too much fun. Hahaha Exceed strikes again. Good for them.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:30 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: tihstae

So many people say hsp cars are crap and people who dont know better, believe it. So they go out and buy what people who dont know (most of the time) what they are talking about tell them to. But firebird was just pointing out that other rc are gonna break just the same.
That is the point, he has the tectonic and has experienced it for himself, he got it himself instead of just listening to what people said.
On the very same token, let him experience another brand personally too, so he can experience that too instead of just going by what others say.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:02 PM
chevyderek72

Ya that works, but what hes doing is dropping exceed because he is a noob (no offense, we all were once), and crashes, so he things its the cars fault.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:19 PM
SAVAGEJIM

No, I doubt he is dropping anything at all. What all of us do, and I am guilty of it too, is buy the new RC and keep the old. He can then run both and experience thm first hand.

If his driving is really bad, of course even the other brand rc will break too, as I said before, even the very best built rc will break. Its just he will be able to know from direct experience what each can take before each breaks or which parts wear out faster, etc.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
sharkattack99

thanks man most Appreciated,
yes one of the times it had broke it was a crash flattend my pipe, but the other two problems weren't my fault the screw heads of the steering links snapped off hadn't driven it off road yet that was during break in, and the second i had just started to get it off road and the steering servo brakes, and not to mention an almost impossible engine to tune from what i have read in the forums, so my experience with exceed has not been a good one.

granted i do know things break it happens but they shouldn't just break for no apperent reason regardless of brand, i heard of the savage and wanted to try it and see if holds up to its hipe i do plan to keep my exceed since it is my first.

and by the way what does HSP stand for?
Old 02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Its short for Hi Speed, this is the primary supplier for Exceed.

On a side note, the Mad Beast is not from HSP, it is from Nanda, a different factory.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:40 PM
chevyderek72

Basically, a company produced rc cars. And then different people (aka exceed, redcat, himoto) buy the cars from hsp, and then hsp badges the cars to the different people. So say exceed calls hsp and says i want these cars and i want them to say exceed.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 PM
The_Shark

is it me or is the exceed tecktonic just a slightly modified OFNA blazer 9.5 sst?? i just bought a auction listing as two monster pirates, they both are not, im almost positive the one i though was a blazer is really a tecktonic and the other is a Dominator, but looking at the braces, diff housings, linkage, plates and all that it looks pure ofna compatible.

"new"???? really its 2004 technology!

i cant wait to get it and see[X(] my bet its a clone and if thats the case it will get a full OFNA suspension and diff makeover! (unless its tough to begin with)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 PM
raidmax

Hi.. I have an exceed barca and was wondering if anyone knew weather the redcat aluminum universal joint is the same and will work on the barca... nitrorcx where I got the barca from wants $90 for 2 and I can find the redcat ones for $39. the photos of them look the same and the part number is the same but im not sure... thank you in advance for your assistance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.