Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Looking to order a .16 nitro beginner buggy

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Looking to order a .16 nitro beginner buggy

Old 01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking to order a .16 nitro beginner buggy

Yeah after posting the question I took a look at Towerhobbies.com for tuned pipes and saw how bad the prices were. So for now, no thanks hahaha. But I am getting my new sh .18 next week. I'm going to order it on Friday. I found a Ofna flywheel tool on Ebay for $8 shipped which should do fine for now. I just couldn't get over the prices for the flywheel remover tool, $18-40 that's just sad. But I dont need that right now anyway. I was watching a video on YouTube on how to install a flywheel, so i could see what tools are needed. One thing I saw that I dont fully understand is, once the flywheel is on, they put a nut on and tighten it up then remove it. Is this done just to snug up the flywheel? Also where am I to get this "nut" when I get the engine? From what I see the engine doesn't come with any nuts? Hahaha what to do, what to do? Thanks guys.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:41 PM
amf66

You should just be able to use all the clutch stuff from the old engine.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:43 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and the nut stays on the engine
Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 AM
jpilkinton

I use a $4 battery post puller for a flywheel puller. I also use a piston lock tool to install the flywheel nut.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 AM
joeyhatch11

Only reason why I'm getting all new everything is because I have plans for the .16 in another car for the time being. If the nut is staying on once the flywheel is installed then where can I get this nut? I looked under replacement parts on Nitrorcx.com for the nut but couldn't find the part number. The manual shows it under the exploded view for the motor as part number R009 I believe. ( I dont have the book in front of me) Hey jpilkinton where can I get that $4 battery post puller? Thanks guys for the help.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:47 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11
Hey jpilkinton where can I get that $4 battery post puller? Thanks guys for the help.
I bought mine at Harbor Freights. I can't remember if it was on sale or not. But any automotive parts stores should have them cheap. I think I have seen some at Autozone for $6.
It works great for removing flywheels.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:23 AM
joeyhatch11

Well I got the flywheel/battery remover off ebay last night for $5 so I should be good to go. I took the motor that was in my RS4 3, apart last night to see how everything is supposed to go and after takeing the clutch bell and cluch shoes off I didn't find any nut up against the flywheel. Could it be that some motor require them to stay on and other dont?
Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry Joey....I forgot your working on a standard shaft small block....which I have yet to remove a clutchbell....I was thinking of a sg shaft engine...the nut may or may not stay on....I'm not sure...
Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM
jpilkinton

Joey, here is a pic of a pilot shaft for the clutchbell. It has the nut built in. You will find these on all engines that don't have the SG shaft:
This one is off my Infinity 05 engine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90951.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1112796  
Old 01-17-2009, 02:58 PM
joeyhatch11

So I just take the new flywheel and screw it on and tighten her down, then install the clutch shoe with clutch bell and I'm done? Also when removing the flywheel, the standard flywheel remover tool/battery remover will work just fine right? Thanks guys huge help with this one. I just want to get it right the first time. Instead of putting it together wrong and installing it, just to take it back off again and figure out where I went wrong.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:52 AM
joeyhatch11

Has anyone tried the optional CVD's for the 1/10 Exceed's? I slightly bent the front dogbones already and was wondering if the CVD's are any tuffer. Also if you do have them, what's the over-all length? I was thinking of getting a different brand, something I know will be better, but no web-site offers specs. on them. Thanks, Joe
Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
joeyhatch11

Well here's a first. Today my pull start broke but before it did, the last time it fired off, the buggy was running in reverse. How the hell is that possible? I thought maybe my one way bearing was shot. But after I took the engine off and apart, it seems to be ok. What would make that happen? And are these pull starts really that cheap? This is like my 10th time running this buggy and from the start it hasn't taken much to start her up. So it's not like I'm pulling the hell out of it. I've even used a heat gun to warm up the engine to make it easier to start and stay running. You think Andy will hook me up with a replacement?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
ace9213

ORIGINAL: yadac123

sorry we don't metal for the main gear because it's not wise to use metal because it can damage your engine.

Andy
Ummm what? That statement is 100% wrong. Your saying it's not wise to use metal to metal gears? I'm pretty sure it is better to use metal to metal because it is more durable. Plactic center diffs just get destroyed too easily. Trust me on that. And a metal gear won't damage your engine. Any decent rc car uses metal to metal. You don't even understand stuff about your own product.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
ace9213

Well here's a first. Today my pull start broke but before it did, the last time it fired off, the buggy was running in reverse. How the hell is that possible? I thought maybe my one way bearing was shot. But after I took the engine off and apart, it seems to be ok. What would make that happen? And are these pull starts really that cheap? This is like my 10th time running this buggy and from the start it hasn't taken much to start her up. So it's not like I'm pulling the hell out of it. I've even used a heat gun to warm up the engine to make it easier to start and stay running. You think Andy will hook me up with a replacement?
Your running a exceed man. Expect that kind of crap to happen. I took good care of my exceed but it never worked. Just trash it and get a name brand car. I did and havent had any problems with my new buggy. My exceed always broke, never held a tune, and I was always ordering parts online.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:32 AM
joeyhatch11

Aside from what happened yesterday, everything has been great so far. She was running real strong and everything. I shut her down to cool and refill, then the pull start snapped and she was running in reverse. My only thing about going with a different brand is I dont know what 1/10 to go with and it seems that spare parts at that point cost a lot more too. I was thinking the Ofna Hyper7 but again I dont want to spend $300. I doubt I'll find it, but something around $200, that'll hold up and is a good brand, I'll probably go for.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM
chevyderek72

These cars are good quality, ive had like 6 of em i think, and now i just got the hurricane, 1/8th by redcat and its trick. Ive never really had many problems, when i was a noob i broke stuff but as i got more used to everything i rarely brake anything. If you want an 1/8th buggy try redcat, they have the hurricane on sale for 250 right now, it has the .28 engine. i havent broke it in yet but i cant wait, ive always had tenth, but this thing is so sick, and for only 250 why not. great support, engine replacement program, and a great product. some people say they are pure crap and this and that, but they either dont know what they are doing, or got a lemon, sucks for them but they could of tried an 1/8th which are more durable, or tried to get another one. they are on craigslist cheap all the time, there is actually a hurricane by me goin for 150 right now with half a gallon through i. but i'd stick with exceed/redcat if i were you, they are cheaper, parts are cheaper, and there is awesome support on here.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM
joeyhatch11

Let me know about that sh motor. You might just have yourself a deal.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:14 PM
ace9213

Aside from what happened yesterday, everything has been great so far. She was running real strong and everything. I shut her down to cool and refill, then the pull start snapped and she was running in reverse. My only thing about going with a different brand is I dont know what 1/10 to go with and it seems that spare parts at that point cost a lot more too. I was thinking the Ofna Hyper7 but again I dont want to spend $300. I doubt I'll find it, but something around $200, that'll hold up and is a good brand, I'll probably go for.
i went from exceed to ofna. the hyper 7 is one million times better. trust me. it is SO worth the money. trust me from experience
Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
jpilkinton

I'm sold on the Himoto Mega P series. I just bought a MegaP truggy for $174(shipped & brand new) from Eddie.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 AM
chevyderek72

ace did you ever have an 1/8 exceed? i think not, you compare the razor to a ofna 1/10th buggy. just not fair.

And ive looked at the megap (not to buy just looked) and they dont seem that great to me, just a different version of whats there. i mean your buying a different 1/10th, if you want something better why not go 1/8th? but thats just my opinion. Personally i dont like himoto, and there site sucks, super slow loading.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:01 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: tihstae
And ive looked at the megap (not to buy just looked) and they dont seem that great to me, just a different version of whats there. i mean your buying a different 1/10th, if you want something better why not go 1/8th? but thats just my opinion.
I hear ya brother......
I myself thought they were just like all the others, untill I bought one(MXT-2S). And ever since then, I got the 1/10 truggy(which looks like a 1/8 scale to me) and now I have Himoto in my blood. I would love to take one these apart and make something crazy with them.

Personally i dont like himoto
Not everyone will like Himoto, Exceed, Redcat...ect... that is everyones own choice..
I understand what ya saying. It's all good.

and there site sucks, super slow loading.
Gotta get off the dial-up modem and get broadband my friend! [sm=lol.gif]
LMAO! Just kidding buddy!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:08 AM
joeyhatch11

For now I'm going to stick with my 1/10. She been good to me so far plus Tihstae is hooking me up with a sh .18. So well see what shes like after she gets her upgrade. But my B-day is in August and I'd like to buy myself a new toy. I was looking at RedCats web site and they have a 1/8 buggy with a .28 motor. That's gotta be killer. http://shopping.netsuite.com/c.84985...hurricane.html

That'll be my next buy. Hahahaha
Old 01-22-2009, 02:28 AM
jpilkinton

I was just picking on tihstae. He is very helpful.
Yeah, I love my SH18. I also have an Infinity 18 that is quite good. I have always had good luck with my engines no matter if they were cheap.
I would like to see a 28 sized engine in ANY car in person. That would be insane. Especially in a 1/10 size car.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 AM
joeyhatch11

Is there any way to out fit a .21 or .28 in these 1/10's? Or would the rear exhaust be an issue? I saw a 1/12 nitro on YouTube with a Traxxas 3.3 in it. Hahaha talk about stupid fast.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:03 AM
chevyderek72

No way that site is super slow haha, is it not for you? On every comp ive been on its slow to load. maybe its just me, oh well. But i dont like them in part to everyone going from all about redcat, to when eddie left all going to himoto. Kinda bothered me but oh well. I just like redcats, even though they are the same basically. Like i prefer chevy over gmc, even though i drive a gmc a the moment haha. Even though they are the same i still prefer one over the other.

It was just after i finished so it was still had blood drippin
Kind of a bad pic of ma truck, its still not done, got some trim left to do as you can see [&o] but ive been busy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64055.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1117254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34203.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1117255  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.