Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Looking to order a .16 nitro beginner buggy

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Looking to order a .16 nitro beginner buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
jpilkinton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking to order a .16 nitro beginner buggy

ORIGINAL: tihstae

No way that site is super slow haha, is it not for you? On every comp ive been on its slow to load. maybe its just me, oh well. But i dont like them in part to everyone going from all about redcat, to when eddie left all going to himoto. Kinda bothered me but oh well. I just like redcats, even though they are the same basically. Like i prefer chevy over gmc, even though i drive a gmc a the moment haha. Even though they are the same i still prefer one over the other.

It was just after i finished so it was still had blood drippin
Kind of a bad pic of ma truck, its still not done, got some trim left to do as you can see [&o] but ive been busy.
Yeah, sometimes it slow at first(when it loads all the graphics).
Man, that is a nice truck you have. Is it a long wheel base? It looks like it in the pic......

Old 01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
chevyderek72

ya long bed. We (me and my pappy, not mine yet, but when something happens, everything is mine haha) have two shorbeds, ones a custom delux with a 350, and ones a super cheyenne with a 402. Those are both show trucks, then we have a beater i was drivin, but my dad bought my truck from his friends wife (friend passed away and the neighbor was screwin her over just taking things or buying for dirt cheap). Then we redid all of it, new paint, interior, and exterior (not done haha). But its a nice truck, got a 402 so its pretty quick, also pretty quick to drink some gas. Gets about 10 to the gallon goin real real easy. If i get on it, dont even look at the gas qage. Runs amazing though, and its loud . Oh and also got a truck thats yet to be started, and a frame thats all ready to start puttin things on. Ya got a couple 67' chevelles too. Chevy runs in ma blood haha.

Anyways i dont think you can put a .21 or .28 in without modifying. It can be done, a couple people did with their tsunamis. Check the tsunami forum and go back until you find it. Its in there somewhere
Old 01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
joeyhatch11

does anyone have an tips to modding the body so that dirt/snow/mud stays out? I want to get some ideas before I go hacking my body all to hell.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 AM
chevyderek72

If it was me going in the snow or somewhere really dirty this is how i would do it. Put my receiver in a balloon to keep it dry, Then i would dip the servos in the plastic stuff, or just somehow keep em dry so they dont go bad. Then with the body on i would like duct tape the bottom of the body ot the bottom of the car, to keep stuff out as best i could. It might not be the best but its what i would do
Old 01-26-2009, 06:33 AM
joeyhatch11

I have the Traxxas waterproof servos and the receiver, fail-safe and battery are already in there little sealed box. My problem is when I was out in the snow last, it was coming in under the front left tire and caking up around the steering servo. So much that it stopped it from turning left. The servo horn would get jammed against the snow. Yesterday bord out of my mind again, I took an old Micro RS4 body and cut that up and screwed it to the body to act as a mud flap. My new pull start should be here today so we'll see how this new idea works out. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:40 PM
ace9213

ORIGINAL: tihstae

ace did you ever have an 1/8 exceed? i think not, you compare the razor to a ofna 1/10th buggy. just not fair.
Not fair eh? Take a good look at the hyper 7 then at the 1/8th exceed. See what's better.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM
chevyderek72

better yet, buy both and see whats better. Get the redcat hurricane, on sale for 250 right now. Then get the ofna, and test em. Oh wait after buyin the ofna you'll be outa cash, plus you gotta buy hella expensive parts for it. bummer
Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
joeyhatch11

Funny hahaha
Old 02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
joeyhatch11

The switch finally went on my buggy. But I was lucky enough to catch it while it was off and I was putting the battery in. So for now on there is no switch. I took the receiver apart and instead of using the plug, I solidered a power and ground wire to the Rx. On the other end is my male Dean plug and it's been working perfect. It was nice to have a switch but the wires were too small and crappy. Even after trying to solider them back on to the swtich, the power snapped again. So screw it............hahahaha