Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Exceed madwarrior: My user review (opinion)

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed madwarrior: My user review (opinion)

Old 03-07-2009, 03:48 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed madwarrior: My user review (opinion)

Ok even though I'm new to nitro, this is only my opinion, its not to start any thread wars with owners of other rc's nor to convince users to buy from exceed. I just thought I'd share my review incase others looking into getting one, could read this, and if you decide to buy one, its completely up to you........ I currently own several rc's: a mgt 3.0 and 4.6, rc8b, and two rc10gt's, as well as a himoto eldorada.... I bought my exceed madwarrior despite all the negative comments that non-owners of this rc has expressed.

First off yes you can tell this rc isn't as durable off the back from the higher end rc's such as losi, or AE..... However for the price you can't go wrong, I broke in my 1/8 madwarrior today, and my first opinion was wow it was alot easier to break in then any of my other rc's (iono maybe I'm getting better at it with more experience, or maybe it was just easier, hard to say) and I was amazed at the stock power of it, no it's not as fast as many of the other .21 truggies, but for me its enough, the break in went very smooth and easy, I did 1st tank on idle, 2nd on 1/4 throttle, and 3 and 4 on half throttle, and the last tank giving it full throttle.......

Now for its durability, I was also amazed that it actually held up better then I thought, I bashed it on the side of my apartments that is all dirt and has alot of holes and rocks all over the place, yet it held up great even when I hit things at a decent speed............... The only thing bad was when I hit a tree when I ran over a rock and lost control at almost full throttle, but the only thing that happened was the arm popped out, which was an easy fix to pop it back in and put an eclip back on.........

Overall this truggy is great for the price, no its not a high end racer nor basher, but for those looking into getting a good rc for a cheap price, I don't think you can go wrong with this one...... To be honest some of the higher end rc's are priced that way (THIS IS JUST MY OPINION) because of their name brand or their more well known then these smaller rc companies............

I am completely happy and satisfied with this rc, exceed did a good job with this one, and I plan on taking it to a local track just to see how it holds up....... You can flame away if you want, but remember unless you actually own an exceed you really shouldn't voice your opinion at all........
Old 03-10-2009, 06:55 PM
truggy-country

Default RE: Exceed madwarrior: My user review (opinion)

did u take it to the track
Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
joeyhatch11

I have a RedCat Hurrican XP. It's a 1/8 Buggy that I think is tough as nails. It has a whole aluminum rear end and aluminum front upper arms. It holds up VERY nice. I was out back today racing it around. We have this track lay out that we run on and we built a small jump over the weekend that sends the nitros a good 30-40ft. Only thing to go wrong so far was a screw that backed out of the front aluminum knuckle. But new screw with some loc-tite, all is well hahaha You dont have to spend big money on a RC to have fun running around. If you wanna race then look into a "better" brand that'll hold up a little better.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
ilanstylz

ORIGINAL: truggy-country

did u take it to the track

No, the madwarrior is strictly for me to practice with and not to worry so much on if I break a part etc etc.......... I got it to help me how to learn more about nitro's and become a better driver, instead of doing it to one of my more expensive ones.... Basically I don't care if something goes wrong with it, the parts are a whole lot cheaper to replace........... Not saying I have alot of money to just throw away, but I feel I'll save more in the long run.......... Plus its so fun bashing it, and so far its held up great IMO
Old 03-11-2009, 05:25 AM
joeyhatch11

Rc Driver did a review on the MadBeast and said that it was a good all around truck. Plenty of speed and durability. Plus your right, parts are mad cheap. That's one of the main reasons why I went with the Exceed/RedCat brand. Where did you get yours from?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:28 AM
ilanstylz

Got mine from nitrorcx
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 AM
joeyhatch11

yeah thats where I got my Exceed HyperSpeed.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:47 AM
jayromer

I am looking into RC cars and trucks now, and I was looking into the madwarrior or the madstorm... other then small things like tire size, body, and the warrior has a wing, is there any difference between them? Thank you for your help, you are the only review I can find. is it worth the money to get the .28 motor?
Old 05-10-2009, 04:22 PM
chevyderek72

There might be, but its small differences. Ive got the sh .28 and that thing is a beast. It depends on what you want, i would rather have a bigger motor, but the bigger motor sucks more fuel.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
joeyhatch11

The SH .28 motor is NASTY!!!!!! I love that thing and it's cheap to replace. GET IT!!! hahahaha
Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Any follow up on this truck ? Did someone run it on the track ?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:36 PM
sein

I ran one on the track and it feels pretty good. It was a friend of mines and he is new to nitro so he bought it. I actually really liked it but the stock  tires suck. You put some AKA's or VTR's on it and you might have a pretty good race rigg. I drove it box stock and, of course, there are some things I would change, but for under $300 shipped I would buy one. Matter of fact, I am going to buy one for my son. Like the guy mentioned really good truck, especially for the price.