Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

mad beast

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mad beast

Well, technically my nitro 1/10 is an exceed, but everything ive broken has been replaced with redcat. And the thing is that they are the same (except for maybe quality if thats true). Redcat is just local, i have the redcat wharehouse/ homebase whatever, like 45 minutes away, a dealer down the street, and redcat nick lives a couple miles away. Redcat is a superb company, so i stick with them.

As far as defending, It looks like an awesome truck, and rc driver did a review on it and loved it. So im saying go with the mad beast. Comes with a .28 engine, tvp chassis. Ive never had one, but if it was me, i would get the mad beast. But thats just opinion, which i think i stated haha. And its all good, i see where your comin from, but im not biased, i just think that the mad beast, might bash better than say the avalanche. But who knows, they've never been compared.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
MrSpliff

The mad beast is a savage ripoff and a bad one at that. Losi xxl or savage xl gets my vote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:33 AM
chevyderek72

Oh so im guessing you dont own one and have never seen one ever run. Alright thanks for your opinion, everyone here will take it with a grain of salt. Im pretty sure there is a forum somewhere where you just bash things you dont know anything about, google it.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 AM
MrSpliff

Its called a lot of homework b4 waisting money on a piece of crap. evry1 will tell you the transmition on all there trucks sux and all you have to do is look at it so see its a savage ripoff.

ask squirrel will tell you the same thing http://www.thetoyz.com/;) or youtube it ull get the same anser
Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 AM
MrSpliff

http://thetoyz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18421
Old 04-29-2009, 02:50 PM
chevyderek72

Haha dont try to tell me something that you have no idea about. I actually have the 1/8th scale buggy, 1/10th scale nitro and electric truck. And i have had ZERO problems with any TRANSMISSIONS. Ok what about RC Driver? They reviewed the mad beast and they LOVED IT. Sorry but i would gladly take a magazines review over squirell. And by the way as far as i know squirell tried out the 1/10th buggy, the 1/8th scales are totally different. So just drop it, you dont know what your talking about.

THIS IS A SUPPORT FORUM, NOT A BASHING FORUM, SO YOUR DONE, THIS IS HELPING NOBODY, YOUR TUNING AWAY PEOPLE FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:05 PM
pede_187

Actually, with all due respect Chevy, that is a knock off of a Savage. Actually a Savage and a Warhead.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 PM
MrSpliff

ORIGINAL: chevyderek72

Haha dont try to tell me something that you have no idea about. I actually have the 1/8th scale buggy, 1/10th scale nitro and electric truck. And i have had ZERO problems with any TRANSMISSIONS. Ok what about RC Driver? They reviewed the mad beast and they LOVED IT. Sorry but i would gladly take a magazines review over squirell. And by the way as far as i know squirell tried out the 1/10th buggy, the 1/8th scales are totally different. So just drop it, you dont know what your talking about.

THIS IS A SUPPORT FORUM, NOT A BASHING FORUM, SO YOUR DONE, THIS IS HELPING NOBODY, YOUR TUNING AWAY PEOPLE FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.
Calm down pedro no need to get all wound up. Just trying to help the guy get a better truck like a savage or losi xxl
Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 PM
chevyderek72

The thing is that your not helping anybody, your just giving bad opinions. If you wanna give advise, buy it and try it out, then give your advise. Dont come in and just say it looks similar to the savage so its a clone and its not good.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:06 AM
MrSpliff

Im passing advice on from ppl who say the electrics sux and the gearing ect ect sux. Also passing advice on from the famous squirrel who also says it sux ill take there advice and save my pennys thanx and stick with a well known brand who make good trucks like losi and savage
Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
chevyderek72

Well i havent compared pede, but i remember someone saying that it was similar, but not a clone or anything.

Dude, get over the fact that you dont have to spend tons of money to get something good. You came in an bashed, you didnt give advise.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:55 AM
MrSpliff

madbeast = **** advice
Old 05-02-2009, 06:18 PM
chevyderek72

Your names not mad beast, so why is it ****?

Oh well im done, its useless.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 PM
cbodie
My Feedback: (2)

This looks exactly like my Raptor.. solid well built truck ..and fast as hell to boot. so bash it all you want and I'll be out bashin my monster of a truck .. check out mypics Its way bigger than my wifes savage!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:19 PM
rjsdad

I tend to agree with chevy, I would take the opinion from a rc magazine. They are paid to give unbiased reports. I understand the whole "you get what you paid for," but at times you can come accross a product that is well put together and not incur an high cost.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: cbodie

This looks exactly like my Raptor.. solid well built truck ..and fast as hell to boot. so bash it all you want and I'll be out bashin my monster of a truck .. check out mypics Its way bigger than my wifes savage!!!
Actually, this truck IS the Raptor. It is the very same truck as the Nanda Raptor which is the very same truck as the Schumacher Raptor. And since Nanda makes this truck, EVERY part form the Raptors and Mad Beast are 100% intechangeable.

Since Nanda cloned the RD Logics Wolverine, the original truck of this type, I would bet that most, if not all of the RD Logics Wolverine parts are 100% direct fit.

Unfortunately, you cannot find wide parts support for any of these trucks, the Wolverine or the Nanda clones. Save for the few links others have already listed above (which are not many sites), there is not as wide spread parts support like you would find for Savages for example. But knowing that Nanda, Nanda resellers (including Schumacher, Exceed), and also RD Logics are all the same or very similar parts, you have the option of shopping around with these resellers to find parts you need. So dont limit yourself to only Exceed to find parts for this RC, check out also Schumacher and Nanda themselves.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:15 AM
cbodie
My Feedback: (2)

When I first got my Raptor I had some problems with my spur gear.... So I called prp (power racing products) and they sent all kinds of parts, hardened spur gears dog bones A arms etc . If your having trouble getting parts , talk to them direct powerracingrc.com
Old 09-05-2009, 09:52 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

I would have to agree with Cbodie... I have never had any major problems with my Raptor.
runs great. You wont be disapointed...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Paul1981

Looks like this thread might be a bit dead, but hey, I'm pretty new to the forum. If you are after spares, Schumacher do hold a few, but not enough as they should in support for a model (the Raptor) that they distributed. I have one, and it's pretty bomb-proof. That said, I put a Surefire 32 in it and after4 years I finallyfried a clutchbell and spur gear. The spur gear wasn't a problem, but I searched for about 3 months for a clutchbell and couldn't get a Raptor one anywhere. Found a cheap Savage 18tclutchbell and surprise surprise, it's a perfect fit, so don't be tied to a brand. The real problem I'm having is finding a fuel tank, I cracked one a couple of years ago when my ambition surpassed my skill on a skate park. I bought a new one, butnow this one is on its way out too. The seals are crap and it keeps running lean. You can't get fuel tanks for the Raptor or Wolverine anywhere in the UK, they are like hen's teeth/rocking horse turds to find. I've not had much luck on the continent (Europe) either. No-one seems to distribute Exceed in the UK or Europe either, so I can't get a Mad Beast tank as a replacement. It's crap, especially as I've fully upgraded all my suspension to alloy from CPV Racing and my truck looks great, but now I can't use the b******. No one on E-Bayseems tohave them either which is the biggest shock.

The other thing that never ceases to amaze me on all the forums is the snobbery of Savage owners. Anyone would think that HPI had the first ever monster truck, and that everything else is just a pale and shameless imitation! They handily seem to forget that Traxxas had the T-Maxx way back in 1999 and the Savage 21 didn't appear until 3 years later! OK, even if you take into account that the T-Maxx isn't a TVP chassis, Kyosho beat HPI to that accolade as I remember with the first Mad Force! The first reviews of the Mad Force that I can remember were done in June 2002 and the Savage came in September. So who copiedwho guys?!? And for all their slating of Far East manufacturing such as China, they happily turn a blind eye to the fact that the Savage is produced in Taiwan!

I'd neverdream of slatinganyone who owns a Savage; HPI didn't corner the market by producing garbage and they seem after 7 years to have worked out most of the kinks. Personally though, I've had nothing but bad experiences with HPI; I bought a Rush Evo and had nothing but problems. The US seems to have better customer support though cos HPI Europe weren't interested in helping me at all until my LHS got involved. The slipper clutch and transmission all failed during run-in. With a 15 running on 10%! Hardly the tourqiest engine in the world!Then when they fixed that, they sent it me back with the engine mounted in the wrong position; the flywheel was wedged against my chassis so the first time I started it, that was my clutch fried too. In the end I got a refund through my LHS and got my Raptor instead. I built a Savage SS kit up for a mate as well, and it might as well have been built from Lemon Meringue; I've never seen such a fragile truck. Blown shocks from kerbs, broken engine mount from a roll while cornering. Not exactly what I'd call tough. It kind of put me off the brand, hence why I opted for an MCD instead when I wanted a 1/5 scale. That said, that Savage Flux looks awesome in all the videos I've seen, and it will probably make mincemeat out of any nitro.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 AM
YODA308

hi dont know if you are still active on rc universe but i ran into a post from july of 09 where you were defending your raptor. your post led me to check out your gallery and when i saw that 57 chev body that you had on your rappy ,i had to try and find out where you got it or who makes it. that is one cool shell dude please reply if you can PS i am 48 years old and just getting into rc monster trucks so the 57 chev is right up my alley thanks in advance my email is [email protected].
Old 02-08-2010, 03:54 AM
YODA308

FUNNY THING IS THE GUYS WHO DO ALL THE BASHING ON THE RAPTOR,MADBEAST,WOLVERINE are guys who have not owned one it seems to me that almost everybody that owns one are happy with it. most times i think that if you could find out how old the negative guys are, you would find people that are to young to have learned that just because a product is not of the most popular brand, does not mean that it is not a quality product. once you have been around a while you learn that the best value is sometimes found in the off brand, mostly because you are not having to pay extra for the big name. i love my raptor and im not ashamed to say it LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Good looking truck.

As far as videos you would have to convert vhs to avi or dvd format. Tough to do unless your computer has the software.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Paul1981

Nice looking truck Yoda.

BTW, does anyone know if there is anywhere that you can buy the Mad Beast reverse module or gearbox seperately to the truck?  I'd like to buy one to fit to its cousin the Raptor which I am restoring.  Thanks in advance