Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions > Executive Vice President Candidate 2014 - Horrace Cain
Reload this Page >

This BEEF is A-OK, but the MANNER of DISTRIBUTION, well I ??? that !

Community
Search
Notices
Executive Vice President Candidate 2014 - Horrace Cain This for is for you to discuss the AMA directly with Horrace Cain, an AMA Executive Vice Presidential Candidate. All other AMA related posts must be posted in the main forum. Foolishness, trolling and flaming will not be allowed. Keep it civil.

This BEEF is A-OK, but the MANNER of DISTRIBUTION, well I ??? that !

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This BEEF is A-OK, but the MANNER of DISTRIBUTION, well I ??? that !

Regardless of the way things SHOULD be are frequently not how or when or why they turn out to be in the political situations that often change political things, situations, truths, half-truths, etc.

An email has been sent to the AMA President, Executive Vice President, District Vice Presidents, Associate Vice Presidents and "....about 100 Leader Members."

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong about that as anyone has a right to praise his/her political candidate. I have done that and so have a number of candidates for our AMA Offices. AOK, All systems go!

Do I have a beef? Well yes, not so much the beef, but the way it was and/or is being distributed.

The beef is fine in that it is simply Excellent Praise for the current AMA Executive Vice President. Definitely nothing wrong with a person doing that.

OTOH if that person happens to be an appointed member of an AMA position, should it be circulated using AMA network?
The said individual admits in his statements that he is a very good friend of the current AMA DVP. Wonderful! Nothing wrong with being friends with someone.

However this individual sends out his information using the AMA's network and HIS position.
He states that he will support the incumben
t. Nothing wrong with that. I will tell anyone who I vote for or plan to vote for, but I am NOT in a position to use that position involved in an election.

R---- K-----y AMA L719, Chairman, L----r M----r De-------nt Comm.-----
L----- M----- Program Co--------r
[email protected]
757-812-2812 EST Anytime

BTW, this item was brought to my attention by another Leader Member. That LM asked for the individual concerned to resign his position. He also asked the AMA President to take action due to the fact that a significant individual has sent out a political message using the AMA messaging system, and that is a push for the incumbent EVP.

Your thoughts on this situation would be nice to hear.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Hossfly

Well, it seems that no one here has the "interest" to make a contribution here in this specific item.

Thank You!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:09 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hossfly
Well, it seems that no one here has the "interest" to make a contribution here in this specific item.

Thank You!
Don't take it that way, Hoss. Got the message 5X5. No reply from me means I have nothing to add; it doesn't mean not interested.

cj
Old 09-03-2014, 01:52 AM
phlpsfrnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Hoss at first blush it just sounds backhanded to me and then my next thought was, is this against AMA policy about the use of the AMA communications network which I assume is for AMA business use. If there is no policy against it then it is nothing more than tacky behavior. If there is no policy against it there should be because the AMA communications network should only be used for AMA business and it should be as apolitical as possible. If it is against AMA policy then the individual should be censured for it by the AMA leadership.

Frank

Last edited by phlpsfrnk; 09-03-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling/grammer
Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Hossfly

Thanks guys. I needed that! The LM that brought this to my attention is specific that the use of the AMA network was not proper. The individual that reported the incident to me is specific that the political portion was definitely wrong, as the messages were sent on the AMA's network which is only for AMA business. IMO that would be fine if those outside the network were allowed to use the network or at even better have a connection to all those addresses. DVPs are available as their addresses are in the magazine, and I have used those, but of course on my own computer mail machine, and the US Postal Office which I paid for.
IMO, using the Leader Member Position and Program for political purposes is IMO a far stretch. If one has access to all those emails, then using those and sending out a "Vote for XXX because XXXX ..." without claiming one's affiliation to an AMA appointed position is certainly not a problem.
But what the heck?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:53 AM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Good points Hoss! I am also interested in the points you are making....I just don't have much to add since I not as well versed in AMA matters as perhaps I should be, but I do like the "food for thought" you bring to the table for me to consume. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:50 PM
countilaw

Mr.. Cain,
I've made my vote, just so you know. I have long appreciated the AMA and what it stood for. I made my decision based on what I read from both candidates, and added that to what I knew. I thought it was a little under handed with regards to the incumbents methods and that just cemented my vote for the right guy for the job. This was one race that I didn't need to vote for the lessor of the two evils.

Good Luck and remember, it's how you play the game, not whether you win or lose.

Frank
Old 11-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Hossfly

Originally Posted by countilaw
Mr.. Cain,
I've made my vote, just so you know. I have long appreciated the AMA and what it stood for. I made my decision based on what I read from both candidates, and added that to what I knew. I thought it was a little under handed with regards to the incumbents methods and that just cemented my vote for the right guy for the job. This was one race that I didn't need to vote for the lessor of the two evils.

Good Luck and remember, it's how you play the game, not whether you win or lose.

Frank
Thank You Mr. Frank. I hope I fit the "...right guy for the job." I will try very much to do so. In a couple other places, when being not considered as the "right guy", but just wanting a name, and that AMA is a bunch of malarkey, my answer is that "One has to get into the game if one wishes to play the game." In my experiences only in the game can one better change the game's rules. I will do my best for listening to the Modelers and what they want changed, along with my own ideas and be sure that the modelers have access to those ideas. I will use my forum in the MA magazine to tell the membership what is happening and ask for the members to exercise their opinions. You will not see much of just my travels. That is your DVP's job, to tell district happenings. My EVP job is to let the membership know what Management wants and then what the Membership wants, and/or does not want.

Again, Thanks for advising me of your thoughts, Mr. Frank.

Last edited by Hossfly; 11-03-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:22 AM
Hossfly

Default AMA Schedule for Balloting Count, 2014 Election for AMA Officers

November 07, 2014: - Final Postmark date for returned ballots;
November 14, 2014: - Last Day for Ballot Acceptance at AMA Headquarters

November 21, 2014 - Election results provided to the AMA President and Executive Director.
November 26, 2014 - The AMA President notifies the candidates of the election results.

November 26, 2014 - Election Results are posted on the AMA Website and sent to the Publications Department for insertion in the
January issue of Model Aviation magazine.

My Personal note: Why is such an performed on the day before a National Holiday? Beats "L" out of me!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Hossfly

Well AMA pulled the rope a tad earlier than that which they announced. Fitch wins. Cain is out. Now I can get back to playing with models.

Thanks many-much for all the good words. Maybe we can see each other down the roads somewhere.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:30 PM
countilaw

My condolences Harrace, I did my part. Do we know what the count was?

Frank
Old 11-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Hossfly

My condolences Horrace, I did my part. Do we know what the count was?

Frank
Phone rang. I answered, "Hello". Voice answered, "Hello Horrace, this is Bob Brown, President of AMA. You did not win the election. Gary Fitch has 7000 xxx votes and you have 4 thousand and xxx,"
I said, "Thank you." and the other telephone hung up. End of story. I don't even remember the numbers other than the 7000 and 4 thousand. In reality AMA was supposed to take ballots until the 21st of November. I suppose they figured that same ol' number as 3 years ago would hold same for this year.

It was all over. The majority of the AMA members obviously only want to have someone in the head-shed that simply wants someone to tell them where He - the EVP - how many places he visited every several months. Having someone that would get right down into the actions and report to membership about what AMA's Executive Council and Headquarters Staff is up to, just doesn't make a darn to the membership.
There needs to be some of the guys that will be more than a good-ol'-boy. Maybe such some-one will surface next 3 years from now and stand up for the real membership.
I am getting a tad old for this, so it will not be me.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:09 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

sorry to hear that, hoss.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:50 PM
countilaw

So out of 100,000+ members only 11,000 cast votes ! ! ! That's a good indication of where the hobby has gone. A majority of the members are those that only want to play with toy airplanes and don't really care about the hobby.

That's really sad.

Frank
Old 11-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Hossfly

So out of 100,000+ members only 11,000 cast votes ! ! ! That's a good indication of where the hobby has gone. A majority of the members are those that only want to play with toy airplanes and don't really care about the hobby.

That's really sad.

Frank
Yes, Frank, it really is sad. Now look up above at my posts #9 and # 10. AMA sends a message, (#9) and I post it. Then they change it within some 12-15 hours. Something is on my head's back-burner that the 7000 - 4000 +/- number seems to have been used before. Not sure but it seems that way!
In my learned opinion, the AMA hierarchy (paid staff along with the elected Pres. and Ex. VP,) will always be those that there is no way to change and/or control.
Go back to the "Park Pilot Program". It was formed, set-up, and in place before the Executive Council District VPs even knew about it. Had I been on the EC then, there would have been a very strong issue to send certain staff to another place of employment, or at least the entire membership would have been advised of what had happened, even BEFORE it happened.
OTOH, this election seems to have been proof that the membership does not give a tinker's darn about who runs AMA. Of course it may well be like back when I was a DVP from AMA District VI. Being a write-in member for reelection, the Staff hid the write-in ballots. There was an excellent AMA Pres. back then. He found the write-ins, made the staff count them, and I was re-elected. How about that?

Several years ago, I was almost kicked out of AMA because of the items that I placed on the " AMA Forum", which did not last long. That would have required a Hearing where I could have had legal representation. Then the "Staff" decided to simply place me on a NO AMA Club flying field, NO AMA club membership and other
such items as in the AMA Membership Rules found in the AMA Membership Manual.
Fortunately there was someone that interceded (I only THINK I know who !) and I was let go!!! but told in no uncertain terms that I MUST knock off my criticism of AMA staff and/or programs.
As for now, I hope to simply remain a local good member. Getting too old for this as I have a bunch of grand-kids and some great-grandkids that I need to have fun with. A few posts now and then but those of you that really know that AMA is "losing it", may I suggest that you pick up the flag and hang in there. YOU ARE NEEDED! There are some new DVPs and they need YOUR help and directions. DO It.

Last edited by Hossfly; 11-17-2014 at 08:48 AM.