Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Models Strega Question

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Phoenix Models Strega Question

Old 11-19-2010, 10:01 PM
lfinney
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Models Strega Question

i would love it if stillforgiven posted some pics of his engine install as well as the radio setup
and pics of his landing gear fixes as well
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 PM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: still4given
I have seen WM wings fail but I have never seen a PM Strega wing fail in flight. I think the main draw of the Strega in the price. It is $80 cheaper than the WM Mustang and flies very well.

I have had several WM Mustangs and the last one I had, I removed the covering for my own color and found the wing would have failed in flight in a pylon turn for sure. There was very little glue used. The wings on the others would never had failed, they just couldn't stand up to chasing gophers down their holes.

I re-covered the wings on a Strega too, they seem to be a bit lighter/thinner build but well glued up.

No glue, things fall apart.

No, the profile does not look like a Mustang on a PM Strega. Even tho I'm not racing it, it bugged me enough to reshape the rudder and knock off the scoop on the top of the engine cowing, It's a little better now.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:31 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

Do you know who makes those mod wings for the WM Mustang up there in the Sac area?
I also would love to know.

I sent a E-Mail to the http://sacramento-rc-flyers.org/airpark.html <- Clubs Prez asking about the wing. He did not return the e-mail.

Tommy D
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 PM
1320Fastback

Well I finished my Strega a few weeks ago and have put a few flights on her.

I did end up using a Magnum Pro .45 with a Macs header and a homemade pipe. She tachs around 15,500 with a 10x6 is pretty dang fast.

I needed 2 ounces of lead in the cowl to balance and while I had the wings opened up for gear block work I latterly balanced with shot before recovering.

This plane flys incredibly well. It is very precise in its movements and behaves quite nicely.

One pics shows my gear blocks that I made.

The other pic is of the interior layout of the electronics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47056.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1641815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33905.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	1641816