Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
A new speed plane under developement >

A new speed plane under developement

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

A new speed plane under developement

Old 03-15-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The side area that this thing has ahead of the COG is large and that is going to have to be considered as far as the fin size goes. I do have some side area aft that will be added with the cooling exit but nothing huge so I am still in the process of figuring out the area of the fin that will be needed.
Drag rudders for this one is pretty much out of the question as the wing out at the tip is going to be very thin, less than a quarter of an inch thick.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:03 PM

Iron Eagle. Have you decided how are you going to power your aircraft, ducted fan or propeller? Also how are you going to calculate the lift you're going to get from the center section of your craft? How are you going to launch the aircraft by using a ramp and bungee cord?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:47 PM

Right now the focus is on a prop drive version, however there are elements about this design that allows for both.
As far as the lift distribution it should behave as a flying wing but the center section will probably come more into play at higher speeds. I not really sure how it is going to interact with the wing that is why this test version is being built.
Launch of this version will be either with a catapult I have already used or hand launched. The next version may even have retracts.