Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Webra .32 sanity check ?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Webra .32 sanity check ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:33 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Webra .32 sanity check ?

I picked up a speed demon P51 from Perry with Webra .32 on a Jett Tuned muffler, I flew it about half gallons worth then this past weekend it was blowing fuel out of head on starting, So disassembled at feild and just cleaned and reassembled, However there was no head gasket or shim of anykind, It seemed to fly as normal but curious on gasket /shim as a norm.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:25 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You could run the engine without a head shim just fine...it just depends on where you end up compression wise.
I run my F3D racing engines without shims when a piston is near the end of its life. Don't worry about a slight leak.
Should seal fairly well anyway, if you torque the head bolts correctly.

Are you a 100% the shim is not in there somewhere? I've had engines where the shim fits so nicely in the head, you don't even notice it's there.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:11 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanx for reply, shim is definately not in this motor......... runs fine does not leak fuel, head tightend properly with a 1/4" snap on torq wrench, will go with it.