Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

hot liner

Old 06-21-2020, 04:27 PM
rcflyer45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot liner

Hello I'm looking for some ideas to grossly over power a great planes siren it says speed 600 in the manual anyone have one of these planes with a hot set up?

Chris
Old 06-27-2020, 04:44 PM
Rudeboy

Depends on the airframe: is that thing a full composite laid up airframe? Or does it have foam/verneer wings?

On a full composite airframe: a 500 size brushless inrunner, about 3000kV on a 6.7:1 gear drive, 6S, and a 16x16 prop will give you "sporty" performance.
This puts you in the 2.3 to 2.5kW power range. Keep motor runtimes below 5 seconds. Either full throttle or nothing. Only use the motor to go straight up.
If you want more power/speed, you need to look into the competion airframes. Or maybe try to go to an F5B contest to see what's involved.

If it has a foam/wood wing: I'd keep power below 1000W: same gearing (or maybe a 5:1), but smaller/lighter motor, 4S instead of 6S, shoot for something like a 13x10to 14x8 prop.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:05 PM
rcflyer45

Thanks for the input