Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Kangke F-20 / Rossi 53 trashed

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Kangke F-20 / Rossi 53 trashed

Old 10-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangke F-20 / Rossi 53 trashed

Well guys, today was the 3rd flight on my Kangke F-20 with the Rossi .53

This plane was a total joy and the engine was a hotrod until the end of the flight.
When I went to throttle back to get ready to land I noticed the plane wanted to dive.
When I went to add some trim the plane shot straight up and started to roll on it's back.

I thought I was getting radio hits, but right about then the stabalizer came off

The F-20 went in nose first at about 110mph. We had to dig the engine out about 9 inches from the dirt. The muffler/pipe is all bent and some bolts on the rear of the engine have sheared away and the carb looks to be bent.

Examination of the wreckage shows that the rear bolt down support on the left side just un glued itself basically and the right bolt sheared after that. We never found the stabilizer, it's gone along with the elevator servo attached.

What a let down, I'm totally bummed, this seemed to be a great fast plane until today. Looking back now I'm thinking this area should have been beefed up and glued better than Kangke does it.

Anyone with this plane, inspect the bolt down supports.

Anyway, anyone know where I can send this Rossi to in the states to have it checked out and possibly repaired? It only had 4 tanks throught it
Old 10-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Kangke F-20 / Rossi 53 trashed

I will have a moment of silence when I go out to the shop later (No I am not kidding-)

Every time I take my Patriot/Jett-50 to the field (with my standard servos!) I wonder what the drive home would be like if I demo'd it :0

Sorry for your loss the Rossi-53 is a beast and I imagine that plane was QUICK

Grab another and get to work!
james
Old 10-05-2003, 05:38 AM
dirt dummy
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have a kangke F3D-30 and love it. I did not know they made a 20.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Shok

yeah this thing was real fast, I even had the 53 sputtering rich and only turning 14.5k and I would guestimate around 115mph
Old 10-05-2003, 09:36 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude I am sorry for the loss. I loved flying mine with a MVVS .45. I dont know how fast it was but man it was a hoot. Unlike you I have enough remains and a desire to rebuild. After a Sunday of flying one of these it is hard to focus on anything but getting back to the field on Monday. Don't give it up get another one and give her a go again.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:46 PM
LUDS96
My Feedback: (23)

Hate it when that happens! Sorry for your loss! My slow planes last forever! Speed kills but what a way to Go! Get back on the Horsepower!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:28 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah! If your going to crash and burn you better leave a smokin hole baby![sm=pirate.gif]
Old 10-08-2003, 02:26 AM
speed_freak1

that sucks... any pictures!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:39 AM
Shok

hehe I can get some, its still in a heap in the garage
Old 10-22-2003, 12:06 PM
hockeypilot
My Feedback: (4)

I crashed mine too, I thought I had a radio interference and it rolled over on it's back and did a nice figure 9. Turns out that radio is on it's way to Illinois for a look-see.

I had to beef up the tail/stab connection too and am still working on getting it back in the air.
I also learned a high visibility paint/covering scheme can help..it doesn't take anytime at all to lose perspective, top to bottom, etc.
When and if you rebuild it...add a decent size fuel tank and beef up the nose gear mount.
good luck...it's a bummer though.

jw