Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

PUTTIN A PROP ON AN OS46VRDF

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

PUTTIN A PROP ON AN OS46VRDF

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 07:19 PM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PUTTIN A PROP ON AN OS46VRDF

I have an OS46VRDF engine that I was trying to avoid spending the bucks to have my machine shop wittle a prop adapter for this engine.. its a 1/4-28 thread but the shaft is too short for a standard prop, so I need a prop adapter that lengthen the shaft. does anyone know where this can be found? I've been all over tower and had no luck.. help!![&:]
Old 10-24-2003, 08:18 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: PUTTIN A PROP ON AN OS46VRDF

Did you get the fan adapter nut with it?? If so, it can be made to work. I have one I machined to fit my VRDF, I would swap you out for the stock fan adapter. Also, TruTurn makes one. You could call them and ask what the model number is. That's basically what the fan adapter is, a Tru Turn style adapter, it just has to be turned down on the OD a little and the shoulder needs to be a little lonfger.

If you just flat can't find anything, maybe we can work something out.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:24 AM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Default RE: PUTTIN A PROP ON AN OS46VRDF

I'll check to see if there is a fan adapter unit in the box and let you know, I can get one fabbed by the machine shop but that will probably cost 2 arms and 3 legs
I'll let you know something today.