Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

need advise for qm40

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

need advise for qm40

Old 11-22-2003, 07:37 PM
rayzer 13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advise for qm40

I just got my Matney Models Q40 kit in the mail and I think I could use some help first why would they suggest to use 2 oz glass under the sheeting .2 Idont have a vacum system and I am going to paint the model useing car finishes 3 I have a Nelson 40 for power the kit didn't com with a fuel tank what would be a good one to buy 4 at the speeds these plane get what servos does everyone use (hytec#'s)Igeuss this is a start since I still have to order stuff I should have done more homwork befor I started Tanks in advane
Old 11-24-2003, 01:40 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need advise for qm40

The 2 oz under the wood is for strength. You will still need to glass the wood on top for finishing. I've never glassed under the sheeting before, so I'm not sure if you need a bagging system for that or not. I'd put a post in the composites or pylon forum to get this answer.

For a fuel tank, I would use a 6 oz tettra bladder tank. You do not want that expensive Nelson sucking air through a standard tank. You can get these tanks at either www.pspec.com or www.jettengineering.com

For the servos, you can go with Hitec 225s (Nylon) for elevator, rudder, and Aileron, and Hitec 85 or 225 for fuel shut off pinch.

If you uncomfortable with the hitecs, many people are using JR 3121s or Futaba 3002s.

Dav