Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

thinking of selling my whiplash

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

thinking of selling my whiplash

Old 12-02-2003, 10:50 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default thinking of selling my whiplash

Hey everyone, I have been thinking about selling my whiplash lately. I don't have it in the classifieds yet because I am unsure of whether or not I do want to sell it.
I haven't flown it, but now that it's winter up here with sub zero temperatures all day long I know it's going to be another 5 months before I can even think about flying it anyway (no I do not winter fly LOL)
Also, I look at the investment into this airplane and kind of call myself crazy for what it is. Sure it's not anywhere near the cost of my jets, but it's still alot of money for something I've never even flown.
So I guess it comes down to, would I get reasonably close to what I have into it?

Here is what it has

Whiplash Can/American flag scheme
Custom airbrushed bottom with maple leaf and American flag inside the leaf
West 50VI engine with custom wrap around header from Weston UK and pipe only ground run with APC8x8 getting 21,000 on the ground.
JR8231 digital servo's on modified elevons (cut the elevons out and rehinged them to help with how stiff they were)
JR507 servo on throttle mounted inside radio bay.

Of course I would keep the receiver and battery.

In total I have about $800 into this thing not counting the stupid high shipping cost I had to pay into Canada with broker fee's etc.

So, I suppose the big question is, how much would you be willing to pay for a new turnkey Whiplash with this engine on it. If I can't get reasonably close to what I have into it I will keep it and fly it, but with everything else I have, I don't really need the whip I guess
Old 12-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thinking of selling my whiplash

That is a tough one.... Yours does sound "decked out" but you know folks are gonna try to throw $500 at you thinking they are making a great offer-(watch for the "how much for just the engine" post-[X(])

I would put it in the Auction portion of RCU with a reserve that way you can see what kind of interest there may be- without taking a big loss on your investment...

I used to not like the Whips but the more I look at them, they seem now to be a work of art! I crashed my original Whip on flight #1 and immediately got another one from Rick- I would rather wait, stare at it alot, then fly it when weather permits (risk crashing obviously-) before I would sell my "set-up"- Thats just me...

Best of luck whatever you decide- and do you have pics of yours?

james