Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

DF Picco 45 with pipe.

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

DF Picco 45 with pipe.

Old 05-25-2002, 02:39 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF Picco 45 with pipe.

I bought this engine to power a scratchbuilt delta fast. Anyone know the ballpark RPM figure I should be aiming for? I bought a bunch of ASP pylon 40 props 9 x 7.5 and 9 x 8.5 I'm hoping one of these sizes will be suitable for my Delta.

My Delta "Turbine Waiver" is going to use a foam core wing with a SD 7003 airfoil, 23 inch root, 7 inch tips, 450 squares.

How big of a fuel tank do you guys use with a setup like this?

I never thought there was a forum for this sickness.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:19 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default DF Picco 45 with pipe.

I forgot to mention that now I'm flying a 40 Shirke with a Tower Hobbies .40 with a muffled tuned pipe. The plane is good for about 100 mph, and unlimited vertical, the guys at the field think it's fast, boy are they going to be surprised when I bring out "Turbine Waiver". I also bought a OPS .61 with pipe if the Picco 45 isn't fast enough.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:36 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Hey Rich!

Glad to hear of a Picco! I have some .40's and .60's..but never have seen a 45 DF.

I think your engine will run those props if you get your pipe set right, but I think (opinion) that you need to drop about 1" diameter to run on a fan engine. I don't think a fan engine will turn either of those props in the RPM range the engine was designed for. My guess for RPM is 17/18K?? I would try to prop for 20K static with at least 8" of pitch...Just my opinion, my engine is an OS...and I like Piccos!

The plane sounds great!

I run 6 OZ of fuel..4OZ tank with 2OZ header tank. Runs sweet all run long.