Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Awesome 200 mph Patriot 90 simulation on G2!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Awesome 200 mph Patriot 90 simulation on G2!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Awesome 200 mph Patriot 90 simulation on G2!

I've always been a big fan of Aerofly Pro but finally had to break down and buy G2 just to get my hands on the King Cat sim. I love that airplane! Can't afford the real thing but love the way it flies. From all accounts the real King Cat flies just like the simulation.

As part of the Tower promotion the G2 came with add-on one which includes the Patriot. I didn't even realize I had that add-on until I noticed the box sitting on the floor the other day. Just for kicks I loaded it for the sake of having the Patriot simulation.

I didn't do much with it until one day the idea of editing the Patriot with a 90 hit me. Turns out the engine editing part of the program has the option for a Rossi ducted-fan 90 with 12.4 inch tuned pipe. I plugged that in with a 10X10 prop, added a pound to the overall weight and moved the CG forward an inch. The result? "HOLY SHRIMP" as Sponge Bob would say!

Man that thing is fast! G2 has the option to open a little window with airspeed, altitude, rpm etc. I was blown away by the speed. Out of a dive I easily hit over 200! In straight and level cruise it would settle in at a constant 187 mph!

My Jett FIRE 90 powered Patriot project has been gathering dust lately, but this really got my juices flowing again!

Just one problem: I didn't pay attention to the rpm in that little box! Turns out the Rossi is spinning around 20,000 rpm by the end of the takeoff roll and hits over 21,500 in the air. My Jett turns 16,800 static on exotic Magnum 15% fuel, a far cry from that Rossi! I better get some 30% Magnum or find one of those Rossi's!

Bottom line is: You wanna know what 200 mph looks and feels like? Edit yourself a Rossi 90 powered Patriot in G2. 200 mph is fast my man! The Viper in G2 hits maybe 145 and it seems slow.

With one hand on the stick and the other on the backspace key I managed to pull off this lucky screenshot at over 200 mph.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78980.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	144411  
Old 06-17-2004, 09:44 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Incredibly fast Patriot 90 simulation on G2!

I have modified the Simple Flyer to fly at a consistant 380 mph on G2.

If you exceed 400 mph, the plane just kinda stops, and falls out of the sky.

It makes good pylon racing practice, and as you get comfortable with the plane you can keep shrinking it so that it gets smaller and smaller (seems faster).

I believe I use the same engine, but you need to add 400% torque and give it the sound of an O.S. .40fx. Starts to sound like a Nelson
Old 06-18-2004, 01:24 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Awesome 200 mph Patriot 90 simulation on G2!

Sweet! I gotta get the G2
Old 06-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Awesome 200 mph Patriot 90 simulation on G2!

Razor,

Basically I use G2 for the King Cat and Patriot 90 simulation. Beyond that I don't use it. For giant scale TOC freestyle airplanes Aerofly Pro has no equal. The built in TOC Giles 202 and CAP 232 are absolutely exquisite. If you want to learn to hover, practice hovering or practice any other manuever with a 40% scale aerobat Aerofly is the sim to have. The flight physics are absolutley, positiveley right on. I also really like the F-16 in Aerofly. Flies almost exactly like my HotSpot. In my opinion if you can fly the F-16 in Aerofly you can fly any turbine model on the market. I recommend it very highly.