Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

direct con f18 mvvs 77 or os 91fx???

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

direct con f18 mvvs 77 or os 91fx???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:06 PM
rmorhan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default direct con f18 mvvs 77 or os 91fx???

i,m putting together a direct connection f 18 (53" span , 8lbs) i,ve got a 91fx or mvvs 77 on hand.. which will give me more speed on a pipe ?? i,m flying a d dust with a jett ss 40 now & i don,t want the f18 to bore me !! is this plane capable of at least 125 mph on these motors ??is it still being made? i need a canopy , any suggestions on a substitute if the originals nla ? any advice appreciated.....thanks...rob m
Old 10-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: direct con f18 mvvs 77 or os 91fx???

91fx will not give you anything close nor that MVVS. If you want quality performance, a Jett 90 is the only answer but it comes with a price. Also the gear in the fuse makes it for interesting take off. My friend built two of them. The second one , he built with the retract gear in the wing for better tracking
Old 10-17-2004, 10:45 PM
rmorhan

i,ve also got a jett fire 50 for my diamond dust so i know about their brutal speed. just wondering if either the os or mvvs could get this plane smokin...if not they might go up on the block to finance the jett 90. anyone familiar with these plane/engine combos ?? i,m also building a kangaroo, second d dust , yellow f16, carden 40% edge ect ect so i,m trying to do the f18 with on hand stuff. i unfortunately don,t have an endless supply of coin despite what the girlfriend thinks!! thanks...rob m
Old 10-18-2004, 08:54 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Rob.......

set it up with the OS 91 at first if those are your available choices. The Jett 90L will drop-in the same installation later (same bolt pattern and drive spacing) if you deside you want to up upgrade.

The OS 91 actually responds very well to a tuned exhaust installation, and it can use a 10cc (60 size) pipe setup. It responds very well to the jett-stream and turbo-jett mufflers as well.

The MVVS is not too bad either, but the OS can carry more prop.

Bob
Old 10-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me rephrase my mouth here. That 91fx will fly it and fly it well. Thing is after 20 or so flights when you really have a handle on it, your going to wish it was faster. If you have the 91fx, go with it. It is only my personal opinion that the 91fx is not that reliable. I would not risk it on a kit plane. Maybe and ARF but not a plane as the way that is built. Too much time and work on it on a crap shoot.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:07 AM
rmorhan

good advice guys... i might try the os but probably will end up with another jett (sweet motors) in this plane. nothing worse than spending months building a plane that bores you in the air !! thanks & take care...rob m