Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

MVVS GRRT Rear exhaust 40 pylon motor

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

MVVS GRRT Rear exhaust 40 pylon motor

Old 08-13-2002, 01:19 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS GRRT Rear exhaust 40 pylon motor

Anyone with experience on this engine in a Whiplash?? How do they compare to the JETT engines??? Sorry for so many questions. I just want to do this right the first time, but keeping some of the costs down a little. I figured that the extra money should go into the flight pack since it's going to be a very fast machine.

Thanks
Deck

Specs from morris hobbies...

.40 GRRT PYLON rear exhaust, rear intake $149.95

Click to enlarge
This drum rotor, rear exhaust .40 is the flagship of the MVVS line. The GRRT is a highly specialized motor for the Open Formula One Pylon class. Rated at over 26,000 top rpm's, this engine delivers a whopping 2.7 horsepower. The GRRT is the engine the Malina Brothers flew at the 1985 World Championships held in the USA.

MVVS' versatility shines as the GRRT also competes in the free flight class, where you need all of your power instantly and in a short burst, and in the U-Control carrier landing class, where you're timed for 10 fast laps and 10 slow laps and then need to precisely set your "Intruder" "on the deck".

The GRRT is manufactured in limited quantities and is intended for expert flyers only.

Capacity [ccm]: 6, 48
bore [mm] : 21
stroke [mm]: 18.6
output [kW, HP]: 1.98 (2.7)
rpm: 26,000
weight [g]: 389
Old 08-13-2002, 01:53 PM
AndySteere
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS GRRT Rear exhaust 40 pylon motor

No experience with the whiplash, but plenty with the GRRT. Great engine for the price... especially with the Q500 R/C carb. But, its not a Jett. Price=Speed in this arena. The Jett 50 is expensive... and significantly faster. The Nelsons are much more expensive and even faster.