Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Good RADAR GUN!??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:40 PM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good RADAR GUN!??

Good brands that work on RC planes? I am in the market. I get tired of guessing how fast my planes really are. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:04 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Good RADAR GUN!??

Guy I know got a Bushnell radar gun for around $200. "on the internet" is what he said...I think Bushnell makes good Binoculars, and other products, so maybe it's o.k. He "gunned" my Dago Red at 119 so I hope it's not too optimistic .
I did a Google search and found the same gun for about 250. about a year ago...
Old 11-03-2004, 08:12 AM
der_steuermann
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best sport radar gun for R/C speed measurement application, unbeatable in terms of preciseness and reliability, is the Stalker PRO.

http://www.stalkerradar.com/sports_pro.shtml

Definitely a worthwhile investment for the serious speed freak or for a R/C model club in general.

It is the only recommendable radar gun for those speed addicts attempting to exceed the 250 mph 'barrier'.

That Stalker PRO radar gun also was used for the German speed event in October 2004. The speed results obtained from radar have been verified by Doppler shift measurements...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94406.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	189466  
Old 11-03-2004, 09:00 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The speed results obtained from radar have been verified by Doppler shift measurements...
uh, that's how the radar works too - send out a pulse of RF, and look at the Doppler shift of the returned signal. But you can have a rather large parallax error once you are more than 7 degrees off axis from the flight path.