Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Diamond Dust servos

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Diamond Dust servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 11:16 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Diamond Dust servos

All,
I just purchased a DD with piped MVVS 40,and Fut 148 servos installed.It had been flying like that,but I'm wondering if the servos are strong enough.Also,it's covered in Monokote,and Ive heard stories of covering blowing off these things.Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Erik
Old 09-05-2002, 01:16 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine has a OS.46 on it, and JR507's, all I had, I also did a monocoat/ultracoat job on it, in a full throttle straight down dive I pull full elevator at about 20' and I cant get it to explode or anything, looks like it bounced off a wall!! Funny to watch.

So far, about a year flying like this I have had no servo problems, but with a faster motor like yours I probably would step up on servo's but if yours are working...
Old 09-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've got same combo but ballraced standard servos. i did have my covering come off after it lifted near the engine mount, i've now got SolarTex on the bottom to stop holes and i sealed every joint with tape. any small hole i see is repaired right away with tape before it flys
Old 09-13-2002, 01:49 AM
Roadrunner1390

seal the front leading edges with clear packing tape. Do it neat and you will not even see it. That tape is strong as hell and wont come apart..
Old 09-13-2002, 02:03 AM
FlooredCOBRA

I noticed in the instructions it mentioned to use Ultracoate only. I figured they said this for a reason so thats what I used.

A few folks at our field have DD also and did have them explode in the cooler weather. The monocoat became hard and brittle and somehow caused it to fill with air and fail. I have never seen it happen but from what they say it happens. I'll stick with their word for now.

As for the joints i used the top flight colored stick on covering (neon orange) on the leading edges. I used it mainly to make it more visible and sealed it with thick CA glue. It worked great. Well till i crashed it, so guess in a way it lasted the whole life of the plane.