Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Need Diamond Dust CG from Leading Edge Please?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Need Diamond Dust CG from Leading Edge Please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Diamond Dust CG from Leading Edge Please?

I bought a used DD that is in good condition. There are CG marks on the underside but would like to make double sure they are correct before first flight. I know the CG is supposed to be the middle of the main spar and up to 1 5/8" forward of that but on this DD I can't see the main spar or feel it. If someone could measure their DD for me and tell me how far back from the leading edge of the wing and how far from the "fuse" I can see if it lines up with the CG stickers on the wing. Thanks in advance for any help. Also I am using a Thunder Tiger 46 pro two stroke engine on it. Any idea of correct prop size?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Need Diamond Dust CG from Leading Edge Please?

I measured 8 11/16" from the front of the engine mount to the center of the front spar on the plans. You should be able to see the front spar from the radio compartment. It is right behind the fuel tank. I would use a 9x7 APC prop.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Need Diamond Dust CG from Leading Edge Please?

Mike,
Thank you very much for your help. I do appreciate it. Don