Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Enforcer

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:27 AM
webtech
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enforcer

Hi all,
Although I fly warbirds I just purchased a BalsaUSA Enforcer. A pilot at my airfield has 1 and I love the speed of this thing. Does anyone have any pics of their own? This will be my first kit build. I usually just build from the ARF's. What kind of pit falls should I expect? Any retract problems? What should I purchase besides the glue & epoxy and standard stuff to make the building process less of a headache? I would really like to see some pics!

-Webtech
Old 08-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Enforcer

Here's some Enforcer reading for you....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1663087

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22...tm.htm#2217164

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...tm.htm#1077698

....enjoy. FBD.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy has built two of them, one with ducted fan the other turbine...

both were modified for retracts and 4 elevon segments
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32169.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	305208  
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 AM
webtech

Thanks guys. Crazy4flight, Do you or anyone else know where I can purchase the ducted fan unit? Is the ducted fan an easy mod for any type of engine or does it need a specific type? Any help would be appreciated!

-Webtech
Old 08-04-2005, 06:23 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Web,
The popular modification uses a Byron fan. The plans for making the engine pod and modifications are available from Flying Models magazine. You could use any one of several ducted fan engines, but I highly recommend the OS91 DF engine for best reliability.

Do an RCU search on "ducted fan Enforcer", "Byron Enforcer", or "Byro Blaster Enforcer" and you'l find plenty of information on the conversion. Here's the thread on mine
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_80.../tm.htm#801604

I don't know what your background is, but from the tone of your postings and since you say you've never built a kit before, you're probably not up to the project. Building this kit per the instructions is pretty straightforward. Once you start modifying things and making parts from plans you'll need the help of an experienced builder, and preferably one with some ducted fan experience.

I suggest that you build a stock Enforcer from your kit. If that goes well and you can get the right kind of help you could modify it or build another DF one later.

Joe

Old 08-05-2005, 08:38 AM
webtech

Thanks Joe,
I was actually going to follow that specific path on the building process. I am going to put a regular engine in first then read up and get more familiar with the ducted fan conversion. The problem is at the club and field that I fly does not have anyone to get advice from that has any experience on this. That is why I will use this forum and other resources to get to that point...when I feel I am ready. I really appreciate your help and thanks for the links. I will keep you posted on my progress and will post pics of the plane during the building process.

-Thanks again!

Webtech