Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Something new thought you guys would like to check into maybe??

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Something new thought you guys would like to check into maybe??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 02:19 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something new thought you guys would like to check into maybe??

I'm getting a Byron F-16 this Saturday, so I was reading up on ducted fan jets.. Came across this on Bob Fiorenze's website.. thought you may be interrested in it.. The bummer is that it would give you readings with windspeed too.. but still that would be kinda neat... If you did your readings downwind.. then that should not be of an issue I would think.. Here's what their website has below in quotes...

"10/25/02 AIR SPEED UPDATE First I would like to thank all of you who are patiently awaiting info and progress of the unit. After 4 months of work into the original design, it had to be scrapped because its range was only 200 ft. (not good). So back to the drawing board we went to re-design the circuit boards among other things. Also, I have been at the mercy of others (engineers and missed promised deadlines etc.)
I have good news on the Air Speed Indicator. The prototype was finally flown last weekend and it worked flawlessly. Its telemetry range was “out of site” It is powered by a 4 cell 450 ma ni-cad pack with its own switch harness. The airborne Tx. is small and compact. Check the web site for dimensions but keep in mind that they could change slightly with the production units.
The handheld Rx is also compact. It will fit into your shirt pocket and has a collapsible antenna. It is powered with a 9v battery. The digital airspeed is display in 1 mph increments and is up-dated 250 times per second.
The stall speed-warning buzzer can be pre-set to any speed you desire and can be heard 10 feet away. The hi-speed warning buzzer can also be pre-set to any speed. It is suggested (for turbine powered models) that it be set to the 200mph AMA required speed limit.
Next I must get with the person who will actually manufacture the unit and lock in on a final price. I then will know what the selling price will be. If all goes as planned (?????) the unit could be ready for sale by the first of the year.

Air Speed Indicator
Make perfect landings every time.
Never again will you stall/spin on final or
overshoot the approach due to excessive airspeed on final.
FEATURES:
* Transmitter (in aircraft) sends airspeed information to hand-held receiver on the ground.
* 0-260mph Digital Display (airspeed displayed on hand-held receiver).
* Airspeed is displayed as I.A.S. (Indicated Air Speed) not ground speed.
* Two audible airspeed alarm buzzers (w/ two different tones) can be preset:
1- Stall speed alarm
2- Maximum (VNE) speed alarm. (For AMA 200mph Limit REQUIREMENTS).
* Airspeed data updated 250 times a second.
* Transmitter size: 1 3/4"W x 2"L x 3/4"H (size of a standard servo).
* Receiver size: 2 1/2"W x 3 1/2"L x 1"H (size of a pack of cigarettes).
* Check web site for more info, pictures, release date & pricing."

http://www.rcaviation.com/fiorenze/