Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Warbird glow racer????

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Warbird glow racer????

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:37 PM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warbird glow racer????

How about it guys? What mods would I absolutely have to do to race this bird with a MVVS .28 or Webra .25?? I'm guessing it would reach speeds of about 120.

http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/p...airplaneid=114
Old 10-16-2005, 07:52 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Warbird glow racer????

I think it would be spectacular with a CYCLON .15 and a 7x5 prop. Mods? Get rid of the landing gear and down size the belly scoop.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:40 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warbird glow racer????

I would be afraid to put anything larger than a 25 in it. Make first flight dive test prior to any tuurns that might be in any persons direction. Don't think it will hold togeather without some serious mods, and you sure don't want to be in the way if the wing or elevator folds. Race planes do some strange things when they self destruct. Flying a Q-500 with Jett 50 BSE. One side of the V tail broke off after a turn. It did a corkscrew spin that went to ground slowly, did not even brake the prop or damage anything else. Seldom this lucky with fast aircraft failure. Saw wing fail from balsa Q-500 in a full bore loop. Plane was at the up side of second loop when the wings left. Apparently took the receiver with it because the engine kept on screeming on the upward direction as far as we could see and hear it. Was never found. Thank god it did not hit anyone or thing. Good Nelson gone to the cornfields somewhere. Wonder how far it could have gone?