Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Electric Vendetta

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Mad Town

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Vendetta

I just finished watching the video of the Electric Vendetta. Wow. I am not familiar with the model or the manufacturer. Could some one fill me in. I would also like info on the electric conversion { motor , battery, prop, amps, run time etc} if you wouldn,t mind. Thank you.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 AM
crasharama

Default RE: Electric Vendetta

G'day Mad Townn,

The aircraft is a Lyle Larson, QM40 Vendetta used for QM40 pylon racing. It can be found on this site :-

www.calspeedpros.com/Q40.htm

Not sure on the power plant side of things, but there is plenty of guys that I am sure will chip in.

If you are after more info on the airframe, have a look in the pylon forums as well.

Tony.

p.s. I do know the motor is branded NEU buts thats about it
Old 03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Do a search a couple pages back and you'll see a whole thread on it. I believe it was "electrified Vendetta"
It'll answer all your ?'s and more
Old 03-29-2006, 02:43 PM
TheTick

He's running a Neu 1515/2Y (this thing is a monster) off of a 9s2p lipo pack (6 3S 20c 2100mah packs). Controller is a High Voltage Hacker 135amp. 7.4x8 prop.

Not sure about runtime, but I'm guessing close to 8 min with throttle control. This is the plane that inspired me to build my 200mph Nemesis. I'm running less power on a more aerodynamic airframe. I would have loved to build a Q40 like this one, but couldn't afford it. It won't be long before you see some faster F3D planes with similar power systems.