Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Magnum R Rudder question

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Magnum R Rudder question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Isaac F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum R Rudder question

Guys, I am flying my Super FAST Magnum with Weston engine BUT my only problem is that when the engine turn off and I bring it to land on the grass I am faitting with my rudder stick[&o] You know moviong the stick without any result then I remember I have to use my aileron stick[:-]
As many of you that fly diferent airplanes, I am USED to use my rudder when I am landing and I was thinking to install a rudder to my Magunum R BUT I was thinking of doing the following FIRST on my computer JR radio:

Program a mix Rudder to Aileron + Rudder to Elevator that when I move my rudder stick it move my ailerons and move a little my elevator so it work like I am using a rudder.

What you think about this, do you think its going to work?

THX,

Isaac

Old 04-05-2006, 04:25 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Magnum R Rudder question

On an aircraft like this the rudder (which it does not have) and ailerons don't respond work the same way, so I don't understand why you would want that. You are flying an aileron only aircraft and it responds like one, so I would just get used to flying it that way. However, that said I see no harm in a simple experiment with mixing rudder to aileron so that you get aileron throw with the rudder stick. But I would not mix in elevator. When you add rudder to most aircraft and want a level turn you still need backstick (elevator), so why would you not automatically respond that way now? I would use rudder to aileron mixing as a safety backup, that is if you are tense during landing and accidentally respond with rudder stick instead of aileron, at least you will get a response like you need and that might prevent a mishap.

I see more people with the opposite problem, that is, they are used to the primary control being on the right stick, and they end up being weak with their use of the rudder on takeoff and landing.

MJD
Old 04-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Isaac F

Hey MJD, Thx for your advise. I will going to mix rudder to aileron as a safety backup........Let me see when I take the magnum again to the field to try that.

I see more people with the opposite problem, that is, they are used to the primary control being on the right stick, and they end up being weak with their use of the rudder on takeoff and landing.
I will say that a lot of people that fly RC airplanes have this problem. I use to have same problem too like 10 year ago until I learned to fly RC Helis[8D] As you may know flying helis you use a lot of Left stick and I will say that help me to improve my airplanes landing and thats why when I come to land the Magnum I accidentally respond with rudder stick instead of aileron[]

THX,

Isaac
Old 04-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Easystern

hey isaac,
what happen to your broken weston engine,happens from a crash or engine failure ?.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Isaac F

ORIGINAL: Easystern
hey isaac, what happen to your broken weston engine,happens from a crash or engine failure ?.
Hey Easystern, that was a crash at FULL speed and hit a concrete[:-] Here is the story: I have a friend that fly very good (thats was what I think before I lend it to him) I explained to him to fly it slow until he got confortable with it, to feell the ailerons and elevator trows...........Well the thing is that he fly it around the field at 3/4 throttle but as soon as he go for the full throttle he got it inverted and he pull up elevator[X(] Man the crash happens in a blink! Was total loss! millions parts all over. Next thing I know I was with a calculator letting know my friend how much he own me[sm=greedy.gif] I went to his house and he order 3 Magnum R. One for me, one for him and one for another guy. My friend behave like a genttlemen.
Today my friend is flying Turbine airplanes............I am still flying my Magnum R[sm=tired.gif]

Check pictures in my gallery...................

Isaac