Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Flat plate Delta idea

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Flat plate Delta idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 03:01 PM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat plate Delta idea

Hey guys,
I've been planning on making a 4mm flat coro delta, same size as a DD but with absoultely no airfoil, just 4mm coro strengthened with carbon fiber rods. I'm going to CA 3/16" carbon fiber rods to the leading edges, and insert a carbon fiber rod in the trailing edge just before the elevons, then a small one across the wing at about the CG. I'm going to give it a wood mount and spine like a PBF, and put an OS46DV-F RE with pipe on it and 9x8 APC prop. I figure the minimal frontal area will let this thing really wind up, but I wonder whether it will hold together above 150mph? I should probably add carbon fiber rods in the elevons too, inside the flutes at the trailing edges there. Whadda ya think? Is this thing going to be stable at speed? -Tom
Old 12-20-2002, 03:06 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default There was..

One on here a while back..look back down the posts, seems like it was "Speed on the Cheap"..a coroplast Dust -Looking plane.
Old 12-20-2002, 05:36 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

check out the combat deltas at www.rcflyers.fsnet.co.uk
Old 12-20-2002, 07:25 PM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

Default Combat Deltas fly

I guess the combat deltas flew well enough to make several. I'm going to give it at try. Most of the issues I think are with the flexing of the corex spanwise, but with the CF additions I'm planning it should end up relatively stiff.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

fly well, for correx they fly damn well, my second was a bit lighter and can even prop hang, the onsite video doesn't show the successful one. you don't need CF, the second layer underneath and the pipe solve the main flew, the rest doesn't matter.