Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Finding an fast sport or scale Airplane

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Finding an fast sport or scale Airplane

Old 07-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Logan X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding an fast sport or scale Airplane

Where I can find an airplane for a .61 or .91 that it is as quick as the Tiger shark?

The tiger shark Cermark no longer sells it?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Finding an fast sport or scale Airplane

ORIGINAL: Logan X

Where I can find an airplane for a .61 or .91 that it is as quick as the Tiger shark?

The tiger shark Cermark no longer sells it?
1) Cermark F-16 P www.cermark.com ARF, air retracts - amazing airplane. Needs a hot engine.

2) Juno R/C F-18 (60/90 size) or F-20 (40-50 size). These are kits. Worth the time to build them. Also look at the Tsunami kits as well.

3) AKModels SU-27 and MIG-29 - (60/90 size). Kits, lots of building, but they fly well and are quick with the right engine.

4) Search the Vintage Pattern forum. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3053513/tm.htm

In particular, contact Carolina Custom Aircraft [email protected]
Ask Dan to send you a current price list. He offers glass/foam kits for MANY of the older 1970w/1980/s pattern ships. They are outstanding sport aircraft, and will really move with a current 60/90 size engine on the front.

Also some other great kits like the Great Plains Patriot XL, The sig King Kobra, and some ARFs like the World Models Mustang, Great Planes Little Toni and Minnow

I trust this is helpful

Bob
Old 07-11-2006, 08:44 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Patriot XL.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Don't they make a 60 sized Ultra Sport? If so, that'd be good...

Bob covered all the REALLY good stuff.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Huh? A stone cold Pat lover like you? I agree about the older pattern ships too. I have been kicking that around my self.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't be picking on Razor now, Vicman.....he means well!

Actually, the Ultrasport is a great flying (and fast) plane for the money. I had the 40 with a Magnum 75 up front, and that thing would scoot!

I think the 40 is available as an ARF, but the 60 comes as a kit. The 60 would be awesome with the Jett 90 strapped on.

Lots of choices eh, Logan?

Gary
Old 07-11-2006, 06:09 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think all you can get the Ultra Sport in now is the 40 'plus' version where they over sized the heck out of the control surfaces and made a once truly 'great plane' into a less then desirable one. you can on occasion find one of the kits on eBay or in the RCU market. and if your lucky you can pick up a Patriot 40 (saw one on ebay just today) kit, they haul butt with a Jett 50 and retracts. the Cermark F-16 Bob mentioned is another great plane, it's a clone of the TamJet and the propped version does excellent with the Jett 90 up front.

i have an old Ultra Sport 40 ARF, originally ran it with a thunder tiger 36 pro with a pipe swinging a 9x7 APC prop at 16,000 it was clocked at 108 with the gear up out of a fairly shallow dive, it was very lacking in the power department but had great top end speed. swapped it out for a 90 4-stroke and with a 10x10 prop kept the same speed but had tons of power and unlimited vertical with acceleration. it currently has a OS 70 Surpass with the 10x10 APC on it and it's only in the upper 80's but it'll accelerate to that in a vertical climb from take off.

kc
Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Jett-50 and patriot eh? Hmmm...

I gotta get me one uh them-