Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Nova Rossi .15 fx Prop size ?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Nova Rossi .15 fx Prop size ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Ronald Nadeau
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova Rossi .15 fx Prop size ?

A while back i perchased a NovaRossi .15 fx It has 8 ports and claims 33'000 rpm's (I find that hard to believe with a prop). Anyhow I have tried 8.4 and a 7.5 and i just cant seem to get this engine up into the power band. In the box and instructions there was no info on the prop size's recomended for this engine? Thhere must be a magic number to make it scream like it should. I have other Rossi and NovaRossi engines and they all scream Bloody murder with average size props. Some words of wisdom will really help out! Thanks ..........Ron
Old 01-04-2003, 03:17 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Nova Rossi .15 fx Prop size ?

Did you try to get 33K rpm out of that engine with a 8x4 and a 7x5 prop??? What rpm were you getting on these props?

If you want it to turn that fast I'd go down to a 5 inch or maybe a 4.7x4.7 or something like that...
Old 01-04-2003, 05:51 AM
f3d

Default Rossi 15 prop

Your props are to big . Try max. 6,5x6,5 or smaller. Look at APC or Graupner has a black " Profi " Line small propeller.
You can also find good stuff at Bolly props Australia.

Best regards Mr. f3d
Old 01-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Ronald Nadeau
My Feedback: (1)

Default Prop size>>

No I never thought i could get 33k out of this engine (Not Without tearing the blades off the center) I dont know what to expect from this engine? However I've read that the .15 fx is as hot as a .15 gets . All I know for sure is that i have a Miss RJ Mustang that is foaming at the engine, looking for the right prop recipe! Thank's for the input guy's, I will try your advice and let you know on the progress. Thanks.......... Ron