Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Twist 3D Magnum 91 FS

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Twist 3D Magnum 91 FS

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:51 PM
LUDS96
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twist 3D Magnum 91 FS

New Hot Toy! My Twist 3D is twisted. I built it originally with a OS 61 FS flew very nice! Not good enough. I had a Magnum 91 FS Sitting on the bench just dying to get into a nice light airframe. The Devil made me do it!!! This thing you could hand launch straight up!!! I take off on the field roll a couple of feet then full up to the clouds. Aileron rates set on Twisted. Rolls like a dart. Axle rolls to the clouds then Flat spin all the way down. Fills up the speed bank for a little while. Fits in the Jeep in one peice. Runnig a Clubman Bolly 12.5X8 the three D boys go nuts with this set up enough power and speed to do ANYTHING you want!!!
Rever Bother 52 enjoying the speed
Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Twist 3D Magnum 91 FS

I fly a Pizazz with a Saito .72, and while it has a fair amount of power, it is not as light an airplane as I had hoped, and it really needs a bit more. I thought of dropping a 2 cycle .61 in it since I don;t own any other FS engines, but it really needs either a Saito .82 or better yet, a .91 FS to make it scoot (vertically). The .72 will hover it, but it does not have a lot of excess to climb out.

I use coupled flaps and elevator, as well as ailevator, and it's a lot of fun to horse it around. I launch underhand (when grass too long) at about 45 degrees elevation, no sweat. Vertically, uh no, not without more HP.

Hey, this isn't Extreme Speed talk!!! Well okay, how about roll rate? Does that count? Or, I'm practicing to hover my Whiplash? Yeah that's it..

MJD

Old 09-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

MJD- Hovering the WHip eh?

I would have liked to come on this thread saying where is the speed talk but you guys are fun posters! Luds has a sweet F-16 and MJD you need a Saito-82 or YS-63FZ

Now back to your regular speed programming...
Old 09-28-2006, 01:50 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

MJD- Hovering the WHip eh?

I would have liked to come on this thread saying where is the speed talk but you guys are fun posters! Luds has a sweet F-16 and MJD you need a Saito-82 or YS-63FZ

Now back to your regular speed programming...
And, like me, that Pizazz needs a diet plan. Good things are said about the Saito .82. And the 1.25 too.

MJD
Old 09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
LUDS96
My Feedback: (23)

Well I thought any time you stuff a 91FS in a 40 size Plane you could expect extreme results. Instantanious accelleration. Unlimited vertical perfomance. 5 foot ground rolls sounds extreme to me. Turning a 12 1/2 X 8 bolly prop she cooks right along. I'm just wondering when it will just schred it self to pieces.