Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Yet another speed attemp !!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Yet another speed attemp !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 08:35 PM
cmopar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another speed attemp !!!

Havent really posted much! always just searched for info So now combat is done for the season its time to build something .I have been lookin at the f20 in the hanger that needs some fixing also have a projetti wing and a magnum and want something that will really cook im thinking of an outlaw plane a little more wing area with a os 91 df enging with the pipe inside the wing and making a cowl for the motor or i was thinking of putting the 91 on the magnum and shortning the nose i have a friend with the outlaw and man it is cool to watch the flat spins and the roll rate is smoking fast so im trying to decide wether to chop the magnum or make the outlaw plans a little bigger goimg to need a little input on how much bigger for the extra weight of the 91 also i have built a lot of planes but none out of all wood so i figured i had to spring to learn some new skills

Corey
Old 11-21-2006, 11:42 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Yet another speed attemp !!!

I agree.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

figure up what a finished size outlaw weighs and figure up the wing loading.
Then estimate the weight of an outlaw with a 90 and increase the wing area to accomidate the additional weight.
you may only need to increase the wing area by 10-15% to accomidate a 90. If it is a 90 in a 60 size case. like the Jett or os 90
Old 11-22-2006, 09:13 AM
cmopar

Well today i should have some plans I work for a computer company and do service work for the city so i stoped down and visited the engineering office they are going to make the plans 8%,12% and 40% bigger i have a mds 2.18 that needs a home that motor runs great wide open or idol the midrange is always rich and usally dies have to find a better carb. im also going to try friday to stop and pick up some wood to make this out of i think the 8 or 12 % will b fine for the 91?
Old 11-22-2006, 09:28 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As mentioned, figure out the target weight and wing loading, determine the wing area from that, then take the square root of that number and increase the plans by that percentage. Remember that the % increase in the linear dimensions squares in terms of wing area, IOW blowing up the plans 5% increases wing area by 10.25%.

Also, does your keyboard have a "." on it?