Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
 The fastest engine for a viper 500 >

The fastest engine for a viper 500

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

The fastest engine for a viper 500

Old 10-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The fastest engine for a viper 500

If you want to go really fast go with a Jett 50. I have a OS 50sx with tower muffler on mine. Its doing around 110mph maybe a little faster im guessing. I also went with the 6oz slim fuel tank from Jett.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rchad

If you want to go really fast go with a Jett 50. I have a OS 50sx with tower muffler on mine. Its doing around 110mph maybe a little faster im guessing. I also went with the 6oz slim fuel tank from Jett.
As mentioned before, the top dawg in Jett sport engines for Q500's is the .60LX which is the same block size. But yes, they will haul patootie with a .50 too. If you were buying the engine for this purpose there is little point not going with the .60LX IMHO.

MJD
Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Viper a few years ago with a Jett 50. The best radar speed was 164. Fast and scary. The speed didn't bother me too bad, but the way the airplane flew sure did. I assume the V-tail was the problem. When i went straight up the airplane would veer off, and with no rudder there is not much you can do. I never could get it airborne from our field, so we just hand launched it. That too was scary. The only other airplane I flew near that speed was a Magnum. The Magnum makes a much better speed/sport plane. IMO.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Predator/Jett SJ.50. No idea how fast it is, I don't even really care. I do know it's the fastest thing in my hood. [sm=wink_smile.gif]

I enjoy flying it regularly.

Try it you'll like it