Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Rifle Engine Choices

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Rifle Engine Choices

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:10 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rifle Engine Choices

Well, since it's slow and I'm bored at work, I might as well throw this out here.

I am about to order a Rifle short kit from Angel. I see a lot of people are putting Jett 50's and the like in them. Very nice. Also way faster than I care to spend... I am thinking that a TT36 Pro with a full tuned pipe would make a decent choice for me. With the pipe it will rip the small props pretty well and it is very light, so I would end up with a nice light Rifle that hauls and lands easy. I have watched Angel's Rifle video and it looked like the landing was not bad at all, much floatier than I expected with such a small plane and big engine combo. It should be even better with the lighter engine. I have the TT36 in hand now, which is why I am thinking of it.

What do you speed freaks think of this plan?

Edit: The other choice would be a Jett Stream or UT muffler instead of the pipe. Either way would work good for me, I think.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 12-28-2006, 06:01 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rifle Engine Choices

Go ahead with the TT & Jett Muffler on the rifle. Will give you a chance to get borred with fast flight. Then go to Jett BSE 60 LX for the untimate. Remember, the Jett engines idle way better than most, and work just fine at half throttle, or one third, or? ENJOY
Old 12-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Rifle in the oven that should be done shortly... I was going to put my West-50 in there. I always just run what I got so it is either that or an OS-50SX.

What was in Angel's Rifle from the video? I can't recall...

I bet it'd be a great flyer with a piped 36, I was also thinking about a K&B 7.5CC DF (FIRE) engine if I can find one for a reasonable price-
Old 12-29-2006, 10:37 AM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

I have a Rifle in the oven that should be done shortly... I was going to put my West-50 in there. I always just run what I got so it is either that or an OS-50SX.

What was in Angel's Rifle from the video? I can't recall...

I bet it'd be a great flyer with a piped 36, I was also thinking about a K&B 7.5CC DF (FIRE) engine if I can find one for a reasonable price-
Razor,

I like to run what I have, as well. That's why the TT36 question, since I have it in the basement right now.

Don't know what was in Angel's on the video. Not a piped 36, though...

It sounds like the TT36 is not a completely insane choice, so that is what I will try first. I can always break down and spend the $$$ to get a Jett if I get bored with the TT...

Hey Angel, any news on the little T-38? I need one of those, too.

Thanks for the input guys,
Mark