Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

EZ Dago Red and a NIB YS 61 Long Stroke?

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

EZ Dago Red and a NIB YS 61 Long Stroke?

Old 02-03-2003, 07:24 PM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Dago Red and a NIB YS 61 Long Stroke?

Hi guys as you can tell from the post below I have just been lucky enough to pick up an original EZ Dago Red ARF that is new in box and in new condition. I am however having a dilemma picking an engine that will give me the highest top speed and most power. So I have narrowed it down to a two stroke piped engine. Of which I have two one is a soon to be newly rebuilt with OS Stock parts including cylinder and piston. OS 61 SF ABC Side Exhaust Long Stroke. Now this engine is no pansy it puts out pretty decent power and with a Macs Long Stroke Quite Pipe it will only get better.

Second choice is my new in box YS 61 FR Long stroke. Its never been run or even mounted. Now this is a rear exhaust engine so the engine would need to be turned 90 degrees and that means the engines head will stick out of the new fiberglass cowl that I just ordered for the plane. But the long stroke pipe will be sticking out on either engine I run. Now I would like to run an APC 11x10 prop and tune the pipe for max power with this prop. I am leaning towards the YS and since I need a new long stroke pipe anyway buying the Fuse top header from Macs is no big deal. So what do you speed demons think which engine for my Dago? I would appreciate any ideas or help. Some of you are probably sick of this question but I know that some of you are watching to see what I do in the end.
Thanks Viper
Old 02-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Yo, Viper....

....just a suggestion. If you wanna run the rear-pipe
YS.....why not run it inverted. Save the cool lines of
the cowling/plane, and run that YS for all it's worth...
Old 02-04-2003, 01:03 AM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

Default YS 61

I would run it inverted if I thought that the pipe would clear the fuselage bottom with a Fuse top macs header. I am pretty sure that it will clear the side of the fuselage but I dont know about the bottom.
Viper
Old 02-04-2003, 01:40 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have the rise header....it might be perfect. Of
course the straight out the back.....rear header won't
clear the fuse.....
Old 02-04-2003, 01:26 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Viper,

I had the OS .61 and for the next flying season I am putting in a YS .91. I think the YS .61 will give the best performance of the two engines you listed. If you want speed, you might want to clip the wing and stab a bit to get rid of the drag the Dago has.

Mark M.