Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Speed Patriot XL with gms .76

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Speed Patriot XL with gms .76

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:13 PM
martinair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Patriot XL with gms .76

Hi al,
I'm building a Patriot XL and I have a new GMS .76 engine laying around. Ofcourse it's not jet or os but will it have good performance with this engine?
Thanks for your comments.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Speed Patriot XL with gms .76

Hmmm...I do not have the Bigger Patriot but based on other peoples reports and the weight it seems like it would perform well. The GMS-76 is right there with a Tower-75 and my Cermark F-20 flew pretty well with the Tower and was heavier than the Patriot XL seems to be.

Have you done a search for "Patriot XL" on here? It seems to me someone was running a GMS in theirs awhile back-
Old 03-22-2007, 06:14 AM
martinair

Default RE: Speed Patriot XL with gms .76

THNX Razor. I tried a search but no one with this engine I guess. I looked up the gms engine and there are different opinions. I have the one with the Tower muffler. Is there a lot of speed gain with a .90 engine?
Regards.