Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

GREAT PEOPLE/GOOD GUYS

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

GREAT PEOPLE/GOOD GUYS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:14 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GREAT PEOPLE/GOOD GUYS

Through many years in the hobby, I have had the privilege of meeting some of our hobbies outstanding people, some famous, some not so famous, some both. All seem to have the same basic attitude toward helping us lower humans. Most are in business to help maintain their activities within the hobby. Our RCU forums are a example of good people taking the time to help othes.

I recently stuck my T-34 racer into mother earth after a conflict with a large 8-10" elevated sprinkler pipe. Time to clean the engine in the old crock-pot with anti-freez. I sdtripped two head bolts putting it back togeather. This is the first engine I have damaged in this manner in well over 50 years. Other skills are going away due to old age, something you can't do much about, I decided I needed a good torque wrench. I looked them up on a search, and started shopping. Wow, $195 to $600. I can strip a lot of bolts for that. Then the old memory kicked in, saw something like that at DCRC, Darrol Cady. I had purchased a few small things from him around 6 months ago. His torque wrench was $97.00. His stuff in the past was good quality for the buck, so I went on line and ordered it. Darrol is concerned with identity theft, so he takes the time to get your payment information over the phone, personally. I was shocked when he called and remembered me after all this time. Darrol was back East at a race, none the less I got my wrench in a few days. I am impressed with the quality of the wrench, all metal, made in the USA. There was a hex drive installed for 4/40 and a torque scale for SAE and MM size fastners we use attached to the case. Fellas, here is a guy that truly cares about the people he caters to along with providing quality and service at a affordable price. Give this guy a shot at your business, you won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT PEOPLE/GOOD GUYS

Darrol has always carried a good inventory (considering his house has wheels) and has always shipped quick. He stocks stuff that is tough to find in the local hobby store and caters to speed enthusiast and racers, but also has a lot of stuff the average modeler can use. The torque wrench is a good example, so are his carbon fiber pushrods. Best value out there, I will never buy them from Central Hobbies again!