Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Os 46 V Ducted Fan Back Plate Config.

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Os 46 V Ducted Fan Back Plate Config.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:33 PM
david200mph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os 46 V Ducted Fan Back Plate Config.

Hey guys I need some help! I have a OS 46 V ducted fan engine.
I removed the back plate for cleaning a while back and now its time for assembly. The only problem is I did not mark the position of the rear back plate. It is the older style I believe, the carb is mounted in the corner of the backplate. Anyway it can be mounted in four different positions and I know It only can go in one way because the rotor on the backplate engages into the crank shaft. Can anyone tell me the correct position for the backplate / rotor assembly?

Thanks a lot!
David
Old 02-26-2003, 11:42 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Okey Dokey!!

When looking at the rear of the engine, the carb goes in the upper right hand corner.

And also..very important..the disk can go on the crank pin in two different positions 180 degrees apart. You want the opening in the disk to just start to open as the piston becomes visible in the exhaust port as it goes up. That is, as you turn the engine in the direction of rotation (let's say CW since we are looking at the rear), the disk opening should start to open just a little after BDC.

Just be careful when putting the rear housing on and make sure the disk engages the crank properly..it is possible to miss to one side and it will look like it's working...until you turn it the other way.
Oh yeah..one more thing!! One of the screws is just a little longer than the others..be sure to put it next to the carb...if you put one of the short ones in that hole it will strip very easily (yeah, I did that once!)
Old 02-27-2003, 12:04 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default It occurred to me...

That my directions suck..

With the crank pin at BDC, the hole where the carb goes should be closed by the disk..if you put the disk the other way with the crank at BDC, you can see thru the hole...
Old 02-27-2003, 12:15 AM
david200mph

Default Os 46 V Ducted Fan Back Plate Config.

Thanks Chuck!
I appreciate the info. especially on the length of the screws.
I probably would have made the same mistake.