Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Very sporty Mustang with a .32

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Very sporty Mustang with a .32

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very sporty Mustang with a .32

There is a guy at my field who has been shoe-horning more horses into the House of Balsa warbirds (AT-6 Texan and P-51). He now has a .25 size Mustang with an O.S. .32 originally mated with a short pipe and now a full blown tuned pipe. With retracts on the mains and tail (yes the tail too) this thing moves out pretty well. The radar didn't pick it up at the field but it's certainly moving. I'd take a stab at 120-130mph. Haven't dopplered it yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKHIFDW7VoA

oh..and be forewarned I think there are a couple of 'colorful' words in there... not me but background chatter. Sorry[&:]
Old 06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Troy-RCU

Default RE: Very sporty Mustang with a .32

FYI: If you are trying to film a small/medium size plane that is also fast, take the auto-focus off and set the focus to infinity. I have a brand new Sony Mini DV camera and it kept going in and out of focus even at close range on auto. I went into the program menu, set it to manual, viewed a far away tree, and dialed in the focus until it was clear. The set-focus worked all the way to landing and even close in taxiing (which surprised me).

I've seen a lot of videos that are hard to watch because of the auto focus and some pro video guys have given this tip.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Destiny-RCU

That plane is moving pretty good! I like that combo I think I buy one An OS.32 combo has been on my list of things to do, that looks like it.

Do you know what prop and fuel he's running on that?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a GP combat mustang on a OS .32 with a Macs Peace pipe and it's been clocked 125+... Simple cheap, no gear and has withstood 3 crashes so far...
Old 06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Troy-RCU

I'll check on the finer details next time I see him. I see him most every weekend at the field but I didn't get a chance to pin him down on the details. I was busy flying and filming and wanted to practice with the new camera on a fast subject. I also have some great footage of a P-38 crash landing and a beautiful Cessna 310 doing passes.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:31 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The P-51 is a great idea for the OS 32......I'm inspired.