Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

TT40 w/pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Destiny-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT40 w/pipe

I have a Viper with a TT40 & 9x6 apc, 424 set up. This was my first Q500 type plane so I just went with a basic cheap set up. I love the plane it's a blast to fly and fast. I have an untouched full pipe laying around and i'm thinking about bolting it on. My question is, what prop to tune for? Right now the 9x6 is giving about 16.5K bone stock. I would like to use the tuning information that Jett recommends.

Dub says to pick the prop you want to fly with, then go up one size in pitch and tune the pipe on that. When that prop is maxed out on the pipe you go back down one size pitch to your flying prop, and the tune will be just right for that prop now.

I'm using a 9x6 now stock....so this means I would need to set the pipe on a 9x7...then go back down to a 9x6 to be on target for the pipe...I'm trying to figure out what flying prop to set this up for?
If the engine has a pipe now, maybe I should tune on a 9x8 and fly with a 9x7? What flying prop will give me most speed with this set up? Pylon props are ok too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
Russ

sorry so long
Old 06-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: TT40 w/pipe

Since you can't fly 424 with a pipe I would try the 9x7. I am not so sure you would benefit from running a pylon prop on a TT40.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Destiny-RCU

Default RE: TT40 w/pipe

Yeah I never really planned on racing I just liked the set up cause it's my first Q500 type plane and it wasn't expensive. The first flight for this plane was about a month ago. I know this engine would really wake up with a pipe on it. I wanted to check with you guys on props.