Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

cermark F-16 pulling hard right. Help!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

cermark F-16 pulling hard right. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Trollmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cermark F-16 pulling hard right. Help!!!

I have this left pull on my F-20 (40 size-jett50) I've been flying it for years. Pulls left as soon as it leaves the ground . Never could find the problem. I just wrote it off and I'm fine with it since I know its coming and adapt and go straight out.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:20 AM
Robert Groves

Flying shreder

I am thinking of the same servo setup, 475's on El, Ail, Rudd (if space.)
You running 6V on these? 5.5KG torque.

Please let me know how these are, they will be quick enough, I am just concerned about torque requirements on elevator.
I love to do quick low speed passes then whip it into vertical climbs which are big loads on elevator.

Anyone else please assist as well.

Thanks

Rob
Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Robert Groves

Flying shreder

I am thinking of the same servo setup, 475's on El, Ail, Rudd (if space.)
You running 6V on these? 5.5KG torque.

Please let me know how these are, they will be quick enough, I am just concerned about torque requirements on elevator.
I love to do quick low speed passes then whip it into vertical climbs which are big loads on elevator.

Anyone else please assist as well.

Thanks

Rob
I believe 635HB's are recommended for the elevator since they make about 5kg @ 4.8V. But IMHO 475's should work nicely @ 6V
since that puts you up to 5.5kg.
A standard size servo wont fit in the vertical fin for rudder without butchering it. An 85MG is working well for me so far.
Cheers
James
Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Robert Groves

Thanks James

Tower had a special today and I ordered 645's x2 for elevator ([email protected], 9kg@6v) so very safe there now!
Kept 475's for the rest of surfaces except rudd, where I picked up from the posts the lack of space, got a HS85 metal gear for there, plus another 85mg for air valve.

Feeling safer about elevators now .............shew!
I am thinking of not running 6v now and keep running 4.8v due to torque on elevator and rest being sufficient, no retarct servo's to run anyway...........let me know what you think, I have always only used 4.8 1100mAh batts NiCAd.

Rob
Old 06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
gsoav8r

Rob
From other post as well plus my own experience, id save that 85MG for air valve and instead use a common standard for the valve.
You will most likely need the weight in the rear.
As for the battery, I know a lot of people including me are running 5 cells for the weigth as well. For me theres really no other reason than that. On an 1100mAh pack and given the amount of juice high torque servos can pull id check the pack after two flights at least to see where its at. Youll probably be able to go four flights no prob thou.
James
Old 06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
The Flying Shreder

Im going to go take mine out right now. Ill tell ya'all how it went.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 PM
The Flying Shreder

Flying goes alot better when your nose gear is stearing in the right direction. I got 3 flights in and it flew great. Takeoffs where so much easier now. Go figure. Once in the air I needed very little trim. Just a little down trim and it flew level. The guys at the field where surprised at how well the plane looked after the crash. I could sand it down and paint the nose if I wanted to but Im just gonna fly it for awhile. I didnt add any weight to the tail after I fiberglassed the nose on and the CG is just a tad over 7 inches on the great planes balancer.(not the greatest balancer in my opinion) but it gets it in the ballpark. All three landing where real easy. Floats in well. Not quite as nose high as we were on sunday because of the fiberglass and epoxy in the nose but it slows down pretty good. Ive got the rates on my wings at about an inch think I might back of a little for a while because it's real touchy. Opened her up on the last flight and she goes pretty good. Now Im really ready to start haulin with it now that Ive got the bugs worked out. Id say on this version if your between 7 and 7.5 on your cg you should be fine
Old 06-15-2007, 12:27 PM
gsoav8r

Awesome!! Glad to hear shes under control now. Maybe an ounce if weight to get the CG back were you like it.
Cheers.