Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Barbera & Nemesis 40 size

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Barbera & Nemesis 40 size

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:12 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barbera & Nemesis 40 size

Check these out. Nice looking arfs for $200. Haven't seen those around here...

http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...?ProductID=123

http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...?ProductID=122

cheers, V.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Barbera & Nemesis 40 size

Nice...

Nice to see something besides 3D airplanes being released.

there were quite a few of the 4C-52 class racers for sale in Japan for the past 4-5 years. Kyosho, JR, K&S and others had a good array of the F-1 designs available.

Problem was .... with exchange rates, nobody could import them in the USA at a marketable price.

Looks like they are "coming to america" finally.

If the products are popular, you will probably see the rest of the F1 family in the same airframe sizes. The K&S product line included a Shark, Toni, Midget Mustang, Nemsis, Shoestring and Polecat. We can only hope to see them all available

Keep in mind, like the Kyosho Kelly Racer.... these were designed for OS .52 engines. The 2-c engine installation is not clean, transparent, and all-cowled in (neither is the 4-c install). So if you have a phobia about cutting the cowl to fit the engine and exhaust system .... these are good projects to skip.

But if you dont mine some metal outside of the cowling..... they can be quite quick

Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 PM
old bird

I have just had the pleasure of flying the World Models Nemesis 52 on her first 4 flights. I put this plane together with a Magnum .52 4-stroke, the plane balanced right on the recommended CG without any additional lead weight. The maiden flight was done with a Master Airscrew 12-6 prop, the plane flew but was pretty sluggish. The first take-off and landing were without incident, we had more rudder control then we needed to keep her straight. I changed props to a APC 11-8 and retuned the mixture, the plane really came alive on the second flight. Speed went up and the controls felt a lot firmer, large loops were possible, rolls were pretty axial and inverted flight required little elevator input. I estimate the speed as equal to the WM T-34 which we race in our club. Not a real barn-burner but still fast enough for fun. We may try a different engine for more speed, but I do not want to add any weight because the plane really flies nice and true when built as recommended. A few of us in our club are looking at possibilities of a new racing class, these Formula 1 type planes have some of us interested. If not, it is still a very nice flying sport-scale airplane, IMHO. The weather is closing in now here in Reno, I'm glad we got the first test flights in but no telling when we'll be out to the field again. Merry Christmas to all.

Best regards from old bird.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you have any problem with landing gear. I had heard that is is pretty flimsy.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:43 PM
old bird

Motorman 37, I have never met an airplane that I couldn't knock the gear off of. That said, I have 12 flights now on the Nemesis 52 and I have had to straighten the landing gear twice. Never has the belly or prop hit the paved runway however. I rate the landing gear as marginal with the recomended engine and therefore weight. If I end up replacing the gear, it would require replacing the landing gear block at the same time, heavier metal would require a new block. I am going to fly it stock for awhile. I like the plane, my only real complaint is that it is hard to see on these gray winter days, the blue-gray-white color scheme is difficult, I put some orange and black stripes on the bottom of the wing to keep oriented. This is not a difficult airplane to take-off and land, I have more than enough rudder authority to keep control on take-off and landings are a non issue at my planes 5.25 pound weight.

Happy New Year to all,
Regards from old bird.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 AM
EPflyer12
My Feedback: (1)

I was wonering if I can put a YS110 on a WM Barbra Jean. plz tell me.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
alex a v

Hello Old Bird!

Is the airfoil of the Nemesis or the Barbara Jean symmetrical.

The pictures of the Barbara Jean in the world model website looks like it's semi-symmetrical.

Hope you can clear this up because this is the only thing stopping me from getting the kit.

Thanks a lot.

Alex
Old 11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
old bird

Alex, My Nemesis appears to have a semi-symmetrical airfoil, don't know about the Barbara Jean.

Old bird.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 AM
alex a v

Thanks for the info. Our LHS is bringing it in. Might as well take a look at it.[sm=teeth_smile.gif]