Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

magnum - questions

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

magnum - questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 11:35 AM
roy_fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnum - questions

hi there

how will a rossi 53 with a pipe fly him ?
how is the West Euroech.50v1 that you get with it copmared to the rossi 53?

i have seen that this plane doesn't have any landing gears.
can i put some gears of my own?

how is this plane flying?
landing?

can i use standart servos?
how much servos does it needs?

isn't this plane too small (35 inches for a 50 size engine)?

if you have anything to share with me about this plane please do

thank you
roy
Old 04-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnum - questions

My friend has both engines, the Rossi isn't a patch on the West, in fact his rosi has been a pain in the ass, he brought it because of its reputation. he wont be buying another, becides, Magnums and wests together are a good deal.

You can, but its sacrlidge, the 2-5lbs rated Robart retracts will fit, but are far to weak to cope with a dead stick, or more than feather touch landing. Hand launch is easy with little more than a push needed.

Smooth, fast, stuper stable, needs lots of elevator for flaring on landing. you will have to relearn how to land, when the engine cuts pull up and wing over and point it at the landing site as quick as poss, point it where you wanna go and dont try to slow it down, flare the landing. ( vids of this are on my site www.philsrcworld.fsnet.co.uk )

148's are being used, tho i recomend 3001's at least

If it was it wouldn't have it... it's meant to fly fast, not glide around on half throttle. thats why the glide sucks.

only other thing, check the CF look time isnt gonna come off, tape the edges down