Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
 What Engine Other Than Jett/Nelson? >

What Engine Other Than Jett/Nelson?

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

What Engine Other Than Jett/Nelson?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What Engine Other Than Jett/Nelson?

....I talked to Robert today, they don't have any engines or parts anymore. They are strictly
airplanes now. I also called AXE (Rossi USA) and they don't have any of the old mufflers
either. All the .40's now come stock with the tuned muffler. I don't see why you cannot use
the muffler that now comes stock with the motor.

FBD.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave...

Yes i will ask about the mini tuned pipe. I can always get the TT .40 pro if i need to and save the rossi for something else.the director will have final say unfortunately.The difference is pretty big on power ... I will email the director in the morning and have a say by Monday hopefully.

rossi .40 10 x 6 at 17000
tt .40 pro 9x6 at 16500

also what about this Speed .40GT w/Carb & Muffler here http://www.winnerrc.com/EngineAndEquipment/WebraEng.htm
anyone know any specs on this engine?

the airplane looks very well built and packaged well when i get my camera going (lost charger) i will post a few pictures.
any .40 sized engine will easily fit in the cowl.a little concerned about cooling but will figure something out there . one day i will want to stuff a Jett .50 in this thing hehe.

BTW there out of the Miss America scheme
invasion striped scheme only! looks great tho!

the retracts look pretty simple to mount and unmount so i will get time test both i hope.

l8r

BD

Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man... my friggin reply timed out....
Whenever that happens, I just hit the "back" button and my post is still there in the post box...