Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Question for Bob27s

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Question for Bob27s

Old 04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Hanger 18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Bob27s

I am putting together a Cermark Alley Cat. I had a bit of a hard time getting my Jett 90LX to fit. Ive got the engine mounted on their about the best that I can. I had to butcher up the motor mounts a little and shim up the rear of the engine. The muffler still wont quite clear the fuselage. I was wondering if I could make say a 1/4 inch extension plate out of aluminum for the muffler so I can get it to fit on the Plane? Will this affect the engine?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Question for Bob27s

Don't they make muffler extensions? Bob will get that sorted out for ya-

A nicer and more knowledgeable guy you will not find.

Got any pics though?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: Hanger 18

I am putting together a Cermark Alley Cat. I had a bit of a hard time getting my Jett 90LX to fit. Ive got the engine mounted on their about the best that I can. I had to butcher up the motor mounts a little and shim up the rear of the engine. The muffler still wont quite clear the fuselage. I was wondering if I could make say a 1/4 inch extension plate out of aluminum for the muffler so I can get it to fit on the Plane? Will this affect the engine?

The plane was designed for "50" size power, or a YS63, so it does indeed take some work to squeeze in the big-block engine. It is most definately not a drop-in fit.

Do you have the "Toni" muffler extention kit for the 90LX engine? That is required for the Alleycat installation.

Provides extention, plus some additional angle.

Bob

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77668.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	919895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24203.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	919896  
Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Hanger 18

I was looking at the Jett site for a muffler extension I guess I overlooked it. Time to order one and another 90LX for my Cermark F-18.[8D]