Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Propeller recomedation for Sundowner big scale !!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Propeller recomedation for Sundowner big scale !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Alan Rovira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propeller recomedation for Sundowner big scale !!!

I have a Moki 210 on my Sundowner Big Scale and i want to know which propeller i can use for serious speed.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:09 PM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Propeller recomedation for Sundowner big scale !!!

I was running a APC 16X16 and 17X12. The 17X12 was the best because the engine just couldn't pull the 16X16 with the pitts muffler. There is a guy with a short strait header thats had very good luck with the 16X16, but OMG the noise! If you arent going to race in a class and and just want to haul @$$, put a Macs 35 cc tuned pipe on it, then the 16X16 will turn 9000+. Run no more than 5%(cool/cold day), FAI fuel is great for cool/warm or hot days. Run a OS "F" plug. Mark/Moki's take a few gallons to realy brake-in.
Do your first pylon turns high in case it snaps/ high speed tip stalls so you have room to save it.
Have fun!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:12 PM
cavandish

Hi

I am jumping on board here as I am about to assemble the above with a bgx 1, and also need to know about prop size ?
I have seen several very good build threads on this plane, one quoted hangar 9 advising that 16 inch dia was the way to go, due to the low landing gear ? looking forward to some answers please guy's

I am planning to hang a tuned bolly pipe down the side of my fuse, any input regarding the pro's and cons of this, would also be very much appreciated.

John New Zealand
Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Alan Rovira

ok were I find the 5% gas FAI,tuned pipe, cause here in P.R there's no variety. Here I find 10% COOL POWER, can I use that ?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:43 PM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

10% is too much for a warm climate like yours, The best thing is to hunt down some 0% nitro 18% oil. 5% nitro may or may not work well, it normally helps when it’s cool or cold. FAI is ok, but 20% oil kinda chokes it (great for break-in) Make sure whatever fuel you use has some % of caster in the oil, strait synthetic on this engine is death.

OR

You could put one or two more head gaskets on to drop compression for 10% nitro.
A very slight gain in power may be realized over 0% nitro.

OR

Raising the exhaust port would drop compression and make it respond better to the pipe at the expense of low idle speed but this is best shown, not explained, there is port timing and careful chamfer treatment so the ring won’t snag. It could shorten the life of the Moki, it’s not a race engine.

Tuned Pipe:
Call or E-mail, tell him what your doing so he can help you pick the right pipe for you. There are 6 types of 35cc pipes that he lists, 2 aero and 4 marine that could work.
http://www.macspro.com/
Old 04-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Alan Rovira

Ok my friend im going to try find some 0% nitro gas , THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !!